• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Imperial Drums Xl users...

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee Imperial Drums Xl users...

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on Imperial Drums Xl in order to take advantage of the spring sale. I'm just wondering what people think of it. I'd like to use it for jazz and live sounding breakbeats (and maybe rock eventually). I'm basically composing some laid-back lounge style music. What I'd love to do is program the most realistic and detailed drums I can find. Based on the sheer size of this library it looks like it might do the trick. I'd love to hear from people who currently use it. Thanks
    P4 3.20 GHz, 2GB RAM WinXP Pro SP2, RME Multiface
    Sonar 4 PE, Ableton Live 5, NI Komplete 2/KC 2005, Sound Forge 8, Keysation Pro 88, Trigger Finger

Talking Re: Scarbee Imperial Drums Xl users...

Being the US distributor I'm a bit biased, but one of the coolest things since sliced bread

Best regards,
    Al J.
    Sonic Implants
    http://www.sonicimplants.com

Re: Scarbee Imperial Drums Xl users...

Thumbs up from me. Love 'em. As usual, with anything Thomas does...first class. I pretty much program drums from a motif and these samples feel right under the fingers.

I am not a distributor, but somehow I would consider it the same as long as we talk about sampled drum kits.

best

If you want to *craft* a drum kit sound, SID XL simply cannot be beat.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by JimD
    I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on Imperial Drums Xl in order to take advantage of the spring sale. I'm just wondering what people think of it. I'd like to use it for jazz and live sounding breakbeats (and maybe rock eventually). I'm basically composing some laid-back lounge style music. What I'd love to do is program the most realistic and detailed drums I can find. Based on the sheer size of this library it looks like it might do the trick. I'd love to hear from people who currently use it. Thanks
    Hi Jim,

I think there is a review in the comming issue of Virtual Instrument magazine.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Thank you all for the advice. I just placed my order. After reading the review in VI Magazine there was no way that I could pass this up. I look forward to using this instrument Thomas However, I now have to buy a bigger harddrive. Thanks again.

Jim
    P4 3.20 GHz, 2GB RAM WinXP Pro SP2, RME Multiface
    Sonar 4 PE, Ableton Live 5, NI Komplete 2/KC 2005, Sound Forge 8, Keysation Pro 88, Trigger Finger

Yeah, TS' stuff is always great, whether he does it or it's his company (Simone Coen is the guy who did these). Really the only thing at all comparable is Larry Seyer's drums, which are also great but quite different.

I hope this novel idea of drum parts with nuances catches on, rather than every single hit being as hard as physically possible. The slamming sound is great too, but it's good to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD
    Thank you all for the advice. I just placed my order. After reading the review in VI Magazine there was no way that I could pass this up. I look forward to using this instrument Thomas However, I now have to buy a bigger harddrive. Thanks again.

Jim
    Hi Jim,

thanks for buying SID XL... I hope you will enjoy the fruit of months and months of dedication...

Best regards,

Simone Coen
    Simone Coen
    Musician, Producer, Sample Library Producer
    www.chocolateaudio.com

Go Back to forum