• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT- Are we really ...

Share/Bookmark

Question OT- Are we really ...

where we are supposed to be right now?
    I was talking to one of the counselors (spiritual) and she said that where you are now in your life is where you are supposed to be. I believe she meant in a spiritual way but I am not sure. The conversation ended abruptly due to confrontations in the hallway.
    Never heard it put that way before. Kind of renders one self thoughts in a different light. What do you say? Does this mean we are where we are supposed to be even musically?
    Suddenly feel like Rod Serling is around some where ...
    Styxx

Re: OT- Are we really ...

If you're speaking spiritually I would have to say in some ways yes, but in other ways no. I believe there is a main road or an alternate road to get you down the path of life. I think both lead you to the same place but sometimes we get sidetracked for a time, it could be a day or two, weeks, or many years but it's partly destiny and partly your own choices that bring you to that place. Good topic to ponder I'll keep my personal faith beliefs to myself so as to not preach to you
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I was talking to one of the counselors (spiritual) and she said that where you are now in your life is where you are supposed to be.
    A bit of a truism - I might start taking money off people to tell them that. I mean, you can't be where you were in your life three days ago TODAY... sadly.
    But always good to aspire to be round the corner and up the road a few blocks, musically speaking.

hey, but I'm new here..

BB

And she adds, "It may not be where you want to be at a any time. It's where you are "supposed" to be at a given time." But I don't wanna be here! I wanna be in the orchestra pit of a musical!!!
    Styxx

You cannot be anywhere BUT where you are supposed to be in that moment. Acceptance of the moment FULLY will release you from any inner conflict and allow you to flow easily to you goals. Now if you feel like you are not progressing and things are not good in your life. Think about something you didn't get in the past, or something that you perceived as "bad" or "negative" at the time and follow your path after and see how that thing was exactly what you "needed" to further your growth. Life is not fair, but it's exact!

If you were to look at Union Staion during rush hour you would see what looks like chaos, but every person has a purpose and a direction. If there was an announcement on the PA of a track change, it would look like even more chaos, but still it is simply a re-arranging of paths. The same goes with our lives. We may think we are being diverted from our course, but the universe is simply preparing us, or giving us the tools we need to acheive our ultimate goal, which is always inner peace. You make a request and the universe says "ok, you can have that, but in order to get it you must change these things in your life" If you don't change those things volunterily, the universe makes it happen. Ususally that is when we feel like the opposite of what we ask for is happening. But, alas, we asked for it!

As for being in an orchestra pit, close your eyes and you will be there. It is as valid as you make it.

Namaste

My latest understanding of Quantum Psychics is that we are both here and there as well as elsewhere, therefore we are the music of the spheres, if indeed the music is spherical.

However if the music is triangular it must be balalaika -- and I likea balalaika.

Square music need go no further than old tea dance music...

But does a rhombus = a Rhumba?

Go Back to forum