• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: what size and how many video monitors do you use

Share/Bookmark

what size and how many video monitors do you use

I use two 19 inch video monitors. I like to have one large mixer at times and there is always that anoying gap in the middle. I can only use my trac window in one monitor so Im actually wondering if I wouldnt be better off with one large monitor. I can fit a 32" where the two 19s. Just wondered what some of your opinions are Jeff

Re: what size and how many video monitors do you use

I'm interested in other's thoughts about about this too, I've got to move off my nasty CRTs one of these days. I wonder about the total screen size - don't 2 19-inch monitors actually add up to more total area than most of these large screens? It would be nice to have no break in the middle, but what size single screen do I have to get to not lose any real estate? Have to bring a tape measure to CompUSA one of these days.... Or is it worth having less, just to lose the break in the middle?

buzz

the break in the middle kills me I cant spread my trac screen across both monitors because of it when it is scrolling it drives me crazy so it would be much better there

I use 2x 19" LCD's with my ProTools setup at work and 1x 19" LCD on my Cubase set up at home.

32" in the middle for tracks/video, 21" on both sides, one for mixer/effects, the other for VSTs , transport, other odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wja
    32" in the middle for tracks/video, 21" on both sides, one for mixer/effects, the other for VSTs , transport, other odds and ends.
    Holy crap.... thats 74'' horizontally

I have 17'' LCD and an old 17'' CRT

Sounds like a flight simulator room!

Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@ninevoltaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by wja
    Doesn't that mean that they all have to run analogue rather than digital?

I believe this was post once before but though it may interest nevertheless.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=l&ai=Bj...us1-lcd1.shtml
    Styxx

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

In the main workstation I have two 23" monitors, one atop the other in landscape configuration (Viewsonic VP231wb). That way video plays up a little higher, between the monitors. Two 15" Giga displays flank either side.

The VP231's are 1920 x 1200. I find that very spacious. The upper one is always full of odds and ends, and when previewing video, it becomes the full-screen preview device.

Go Back to forum