• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Every RMX user's wet dream...

Share/Bookmark

Every RMX user's wet dream...

Now this looks *very* promising: Zero-G's Total Rex with 15000 (!) rex loops from 42 Zero-G products - 10 GB of loops!!! Some of them have only been available as Intakt instruments or Refills before, so it's also 'new' stuff to the rex world. More information can be found on Zero-G's web page.

From my experience with Zero-G product's, I can definitely recommend them - great, inspirational material. They are very different from Spectrasonic's stuff, so it migh be a great addition (and not so much competition to the wonderful SAGE expanders IMHO - different styles, different sounds).

Re: Every RMX user's wet dream...

jeah, that's nice...I'm in.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

have you got a link ?

sounds very cool !

Yup, that's it. It's an unbelievable number of loops! And most of it is really good stuff...

Pretty good price. I may have to get these.
    Tim

i have the first volume of the Zero G apple loops collections and the quality of these loops was rather mediocre to say the least.
    Doesnt even come close to the corelibrary or the xpanders both in terms of sound and performance.
    And when you start to change the tempo it gets really nasty pretty soon.
    But maybe the Rexstuff is different.
    I will rather spend my money on the new e-music libraries (former elab).
    Those demos sound pretty funky!

Hans

I did import quite a few REX files, and they work very well in RMX. Apple Loops do not react as well to tempo changes as REX files, that's certainly true.

I agree that there might be some stinkers in the new Zero-G collection - not everythin in there is an A-title; however, there are quite a few gems in there as well (some of these titles were available as independent Kompakt titles before, and they sound pretty good IMO). However, it might depend on your own taste - Zero-G products definitely have a different sound than the Spectrasonics stuff (which sounds much more 'produced' and 'finished').

The elab stuff sounds great, too - please let us know what you think about it if you buy it!

Even if 1/10 of the loops are decent it'll be worth it's weight in gold. The real concern I have with regards to the "REX" collection is:

How's the slice programming on the loops? RMX uses a more sophisticated implimentation/adaptation of the REX technology. I've come across atrocious hack jobs in regards to REX files. Within the libraries listed, there are probably quite a few "busier" loops that can't be effectively ported to REX without anelemental deconstruct on the origanl asset media.

Regardless, just having a mountain of useable old and new school meat to import to RMX will be delightful.

To be clear, it's really about what RMX does for a collection like this. It's going to be an incredible addition to the stockpile composer.

Based on the original titles these are coming from, I'm pretty sure the quality of the REX slicing work on this is going to vary in quality a lot...from very poor to OK....unless they redid all the slicing work, which would be unlikely. So the end results in RMX will also have a wide variety of sonic artifacts and issues to deal with. It's not like getting a SAGE Xpander with 15,000 loops. :-)

However, that is a huge a amount of material and some of the source is very good....so it will probably be a good value.

Just don't expect "Groove Control®" quality results and you'll probably be fine. :-)

(and please....if and when you have problems with it, contact zero-G directly and not our tech support department....which is getting a lot of calls now about poorly prepared REX files/REX libraries that are not really 100% RMX compatible...it's starting to get overwhelming for us to deal with these problems that un-official RMX libraries are generating.)

Go Back to forum