• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: Hot News: AOL now AOL

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Hot News: AOL now AOL

    According to an Associated Press report:

    It’s official: America Online Inc. is now known simply as AOL.


    "In an expected move, Time Warner Inc.’s Internet unit said Monday it has renamed itself....Our company long ago accomplished the mission implied by our old name. We literally got America online,” said Jon Miller, chairman and chief executive of AOL LLC. “Our new corporate identity better reflects our expanded mission — to make everyone’s online experience better.”

    Exciting news day. Maybe I should think about officially changing Garritan Personal Orchestra to GPO.

  2. #2

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    "We literally got America online,” said Jon Miller, chairman and chief executive of AOL...
    Well, sort of... sometimes... when the moon was in the
    right place and they remembered to turn on the modems...

    .

  3. #3
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Can't change the way service is so may as well change something.
    Styxx

  4. #4

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    I think that from the get-go, AOL was one of the biggest hype-jobs the world has ever seen. Hey, wait a minute...it still is.

    So...sue me, AOL.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    “Our new corporate identity better reflects our expanded mission — to make everyone’s online experience better.”
    In that case they should have named the unit EOEB.

    I guess AOL stands for Averyone's Online xperience Letter?

    -JF

  6. #6

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    So...sue me, AOL.

    LGA
    Don't tempt them, Larry... lol... they could probably use the ten bucks.

    .

  7. #7

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    In that case they should have named the unit EOEB.

    I guess AOL stands for Averyone's Online xperience Letter?

    -JF
    umm...

    I always heard it

    America OFF-line

    <ducking, running>

  8. #8

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    “Our new corporate identity better reflects our expanded mission — to make everyone’s online experience better.”
    Merely changing the name to "AOL" somehow "reflects an expanded misssion"? What a load of Buzzword Bingo.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com


  9. #9

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Merely changing the name to "AOL" somehow "reflects an expanded misssion"? What a load of Buzzword Bingo.
    I laughed outloud on that one Christopher!!!
    HA HA I can't stand that company, I used to give them money.
    Ever since switching to SBC DSL, I never once wanted AOL and their SOL service.

    A pitiful greedy company. Other than that I guess they're OK
    he he
    Dan

  10. #10

    Re: Hot News: AOL now AOL

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Don't tempt them, Larry... lol... they could probably use the ten bucks.

    .


    My financial statement tells me that that's about all I'm worth. I'm a musician. I don't know any better.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •