• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: House?

Share/Bookmark

House?

The order was for house without the heavy beat.
    This is what I came up with:

http://www.troelsoxenvad.com/music/House_1.mp3

Done with Reason, Reaktor and SONAR.

All feedback appreciated.

Re: House?

What is "house"? I don't understand your reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Olen
    What is "house"? I don't understand your reference.
    I don't know much about it myself, but house (afaik) is a music style with a heavy pumping drum beat, designed to stir up crowds of teenagers on extacy.

Allright, free blow job to the first reviewer!

Are you my type? (Or is it just April fool's day?)

You crazy man.
    Last edited by geronimo001; 04-02-2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: bad taste i guess?

Can I request one collection of VSL's VI instead of a blow job if I write a review? Business before pleasure!

Actually it sounds quite nice to me, though I think it might be too deep (dark) to be a *general* house. I guess that's just a term and means nothing. What I mean is your piece doesn't sound to me too fit with a "heavy pumping beat" if that's what you intended. Instead it sounds more "trance-y" (trippy) even without the beats as like some dude is gonna pass out at 4:00am from overdosing... I quite like the "vocoder" effects too, or if that's another effect but sounds like so to me. Perhaps you could add more of those in your track? It's one of the most welcomed effects (albeit cliche'd) in house music... I think. But anyway, I enjoyed the overall consistant dark tone.

OK I am sending you my postal addressing now, even though I know what I wrote might not be anything helpful at all....

Cheers,
    Frankie

EDIT : I just realized you are a Garageband-er too. I basically quit there becoz of poor staff response/maintenance.
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Okay, nevermind. I don't need an answer to my more than reasonable question. I listened to this "house" piece and am really not the least bit interested in learning anything more. I've heard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Olen
    Okay, nevermind. I don't need an answer to my more than reasonable question. I listened to this "house" piece and am really not the least bit interested in learning anything more. I've heard enough.
    Fair enough, but I think you missed the third post in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Troels
    The order was for house...
    sorry man, but this is definitely NOT house music. House music was a definition for music which was played in Chicago (?) in a gays' club many years ago and is nowadays one of the best music styles for dancing in clubs.

House music is more disco like with a warm base line and smooth drums, like this example found in the net:

http://www.inlounge.de/e107_files/do...rfool(low).mp3

In your case it is just "experimental"

Go Back to forum