• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NEW PRODUCT: Garritan Elementary School String Ensemble!

Share/Bookmark

NEW PRODUCT: Garritan Elementary School String Ensemble!

New Product Announcement
    Garritan Elementary School String Ensemble

Orcas Island, Washington (April 1, 2006). Garritan, makers of the most useful and practical sample libraries for composers and arrangers, announces their newest product, the Garritan Elementary School String Ensemble.

This new sample-based software instrument is the first in the world to address the needs of elementary school music teachers and clinicians, allowing them to recreate the sounds of any arrangement of young musicians just learning their instruments.

"The key to authenticity in elementary school strings," says developer Gary Garritan, "is the selection of instruments. With help from Sam Ash, we spent years canvassing the violin factories of the People's Republic of China, assembling an unparalleled collection of a couple dozen exquisite brand-new half-scale instruments. As you listen to each downsized viola or cello in a sampled section, you'll hear different timbres that accurately reproduce the wide ranges of build quality and 'craftsmanship' found in these unique instruments. High-moisture-content plywood, lots of extra wood filler and glue, and thick layers of polyester finish are the only way to get the authentic elementary school sound."

Proprietary morphing technology in the sample playback engine ensures that each individual instrument in the ensemble is never in tune, and completely incapable of producing any vibrato, just like a real third-grader with her first violin. In addition, the software carefully examines sections of instruments playing in unison and ensures that bowing movements, note attacks and starting pitches are never quite aligned from one instrument to the other. Whole sections can be programmed to randomly fail to come in across a range of entrances.

For convincing articulation, the Mod Wheel of each instrument features a steep, short linear range of dynamics going straight from indistinct and inaudible up to a shrill, piercing and wince-inducing fortissimo.

For the utmost in authentic live performance, the Garritan Elementary String Ensemble includes the newly patented Convoluted and Compulsive Reverb™. Meticulous measurements of famous public school performance spaces in urban New Jersey result in the first accurately modeled elementary school cafeteria and half-court basketball gymnasium ever offered in a musical context. The subtle sounds of a cafeteria packed with an army of restless parents wielding camcorders can be layered under any performance with the twist of a controller knob.

The authentic Garritan elementary school sound is completed with a selection of samples at the upper range of key mapping for each instrument, enabling the composer to insert the authentic sounds of children sneezing, burping, yawning, and blowing snot in addition to the expected instrumental scrapes, scratches, wheezes, and the sounds of dropped bows and tiny violins bouncing off a hardwood floor.

2007 will see the release of the next Garritan software musical instrument collection, the Garritan Giga Library of Wood Blocks, Chimes and Orff Instruments for Montessori Schools.

Re: NEW PRODUCT: Garritan Elementary School String Ensemble!

I know that they got the idea from my own Elementary School Band library when I posted this example - http://www.richiebee.ca/ladytramp.mp3

R.

What a happy day! You are all invited to a sleepover/pajama party to try the new player!!! I'm totally excited!

Sign me UP!!

Got my credit card in hand and I'm ready to roll.

Now I know that Gary doesn't like to tell when new products will be made available for purchase.

But PLEASE. . . .

WHEN can we buy this product?!?!?

_______

Very, very, very funny, folks! My eyes are watered with tears from laughter.

(And my face isn't the only thing that's wet. . . . )

LOVE the mp3 file sample. . .

Make that gymnatorium sing!!

That's Soooooo funny!!!
    Nothing to do with the fact that it's April Fools' Day is it?
    ROFL
    Jon
    Edit: Oooops... sorry for that obvious statement.... just been reading the other hilarious spoofs on this forum!! Now I feel a right twit

well, if you're seriously thinking of going in this direction, might I suggest that you consider the Synagogue Choir plug-in for Garritan Voices? The altos are realistically recorded a quarter tone flat and there should be a KS for going from full nasal to "cold season" nasal.

you could alternatively add the Parish Church choir sections, which comes with a special Lush sample(basses, who were drunk when they recorded).

And I was just about to hire real elementary schoolers for my latest piece... this is remarkable! Thank you Gary for thinking of everything!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

LOOOOOL- very cute indeed. I'm all up for it!

ps: I kind of love the interface... Does that make me more gay than average?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    What a happy day! You are all invited to a sleepover/pajama party to try the new player!!!
    I'm totally excited!

Me too!

I haven't been so atwitter with anticipation since you announced
    the Garritan Barnyard Animals Library fourteen years ago.

By the way, when is GBAL scheduled to be released?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum