• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another GPO+Finale question (chasing KS data)

Share/Bookmark

Another GPO+Finale question (chasing KS data)

at some point in the future, will GPO and Finale chase keyswitches?
    I've noticed that if for example I have a pizz marking at measure 2, arco at measure 10, and I happen to listen to only measures 2 and 3, then skip forward to measure 11 (in other words, bypassing the arco marking) it will continue to play using the pizz KS.

I'm curious as to why GPO can't chase the keyswitches the same way that Finale allows MIDI data to be chased from the first measure.

Re: Another GPO+Finale question (chasing KS data)

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    I'm curious as to why GPO can't chase the keyswitches the same way that Finale allows MIDI data to be chased from the first measure.
    GPO only knows the last keyswitch command that it has received. Obviously, it can't know where you are going to decide to start playback. So, the question becomes: Can the host program (whichever that may be) send a new keyswitch based on the position of the last keyswitch in relation to your chosen start point? This will be up to the the host software developers to accommodate. It's a tall order since there is no standard for keyswitch programming. Definitions for each instrument of each library would need to be applied to give accurate results. Not impossible, just difficult and involved. Standard controllers, on the other hand, are just that: Standard. No problem knowing what to look for.

Tom

Re: Another GPO+Finale question (chasing KS data)

Yes, Michel, as I stated on the Finale forum, not chasing KS backwards (techinically: "dump" defined expressions) is a current limitation of Finale's playback core. Nothing to do with GPO HP.

R.

Go Back to forum