• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Holy Grail

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up The Holy Grail

I just bought Ivory. It's the Holy Grail. The most amazing pianos imagineable. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Worth every penny.

The installation is a trip. TEN DVDs. Not CDs... DVDs. Over 40 gigs of data. Once you play it though, you understand.

It really is the Holy Grail.

Re: The Holy Grail

That's great to hear. I'm dying to find a lush full-bodied piano library. From what I've heard, Ivory is that.
    P4 3.20 GHz, 2GB RAM WinXP Pro SP2, RME Multiface
    Sonar 4 PE, Ableton Live 5, NI Komplete 2/KC 2005, Sound Forge 8, Keysation Pro 88, Trigger Finger

What kind of system are you running it on (speed, RAM)?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchb2
    What kind of system are you running it on (speed, RAM)?
    MSI K7D dual CPU motherboard with 2.4s and 2 gigs of RAM.

It sounds gorgeous, but it consumes a lot of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by tekhead
    I just bought Ivory. It's the Holy Grail. The most amazing pianos imagineable. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Worth every penny.
    I agree 100%.

I bought it on yesterday. It runs flawlessly on my laptop (Apple G4/1.33 Ghz PowerBook with 1.5 Gb Ram).

And what a sumptuous sound!

Thumbs up Re: The Holy Grail

Quote Originally Posted by Chinablu
    I agree 100%.

I bought it on yesterday. It runs flawlessly on my laptop (Apple G4/1.33 Ghz PowerBook with 1.5 Gb Ram).

And what a sumptuous sound!
    Isn't it amazing!!

Isn't it amazing!!
    Definitely yes!

And don't forget that one gets three pianos (Bosendorfer 290, Steinway D, Yamaha C7) one better than the other...

If anyone is running this on a 2.4GHz with 1 GB or RAM, please post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinablu
    Definitely yes!

And don't forget that one gets three pianos (Bosendorfer 290, Steinway D, Yamaha C7) one better than the other...

I am definitely partial to the Steinways. Jazz Club D has become my starting point for every project. I also love the German Dry series.

That little switch that moves your ear's perspective from performer to audience is very useful for getting the piano to sit perfectly in mix.

That little switch that moves your ear's perspective from performer to audience is very useful for getting the piano to sit perfectly in mix.
    cool! now we're talking....for the time being I'm still holding out though due to to cumulative skepticism regarding sampled pianos.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Go Back to forum