• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I change sample start in real time with Halion

Share/Bookmark

Can I change sample start in real time with Halion

Is it possible to use a continuous controller to change the sample start playback in realtime in HALion and/or to play the sample backwards? In terms of sample start, I would want to start the playback anywhere in the sample (these might be quite long samples with, for example, spoken word...and so I'd like to start the sample sometimes even very close to the end of the sample), and if the sample is looping, then I'd want to the playback to loop once the end of the sample is reached (as it would if the sample playback had started in the normal position).

I can do this with my hardware samplers, but not with GigaStudio. If HALion can't do it, does anyone know of another software sampler that can?
    Thanks,
    Gabriel

Re: Can I change sample start in real time with Halion

Quote Originally Posted by gabriels
    Is it possible to use a continuous controller to change the sample start playback in realtime in HALion and/or to play the sample backwards? In terms of sample start, I would want to start the playback anywhere in the sample (these might be quite long samples with, for example, spoken word...and so I'd like to start the sample sometimes even very close to the end of the sample), and if the sample is looping, then I'd want to the playback to loop once the end of the sample is reached (as it would if the sample playback had started in the normal position).

I can do this with my hardware samplers, but not with GigaStudio. If HALion can't do it, does anyone know of another software sampler that can?
    Thanks,
    Gabriel
    Hi,

You might consider editing the sample in Sound Forge or any other sample editing capable software, and than save as with new name. I think that it is a shortest way to achieve your goal.

Or you may change the start position in the loop window of the Halion, dragging it to the desired position (see pictures here : www.filelodge.com/files/room38/1068529/original.jpg
    www.filelodge.com/files/room38/1068529/changedstartposs.jpg)

Aleksandar

Go Back to forum