• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KONTAKT 2(.1) and FX-Teleport

Share/Bookmark

KONTAKT 2(.1) and FX-Teleport

Hy everybody out there,

does anyone have any experiences with KONTAKT 2 working together with FX-Teleport?
    As I noticed from the website of NI, KONTAKT 2.1 should be released at the end of April 2006.
    Therefore it could be interesting whether KONTAKT works well, together with FXT or not.
    Some advises could be useful for an decision to run KONTAKT on an separated PC as an VSTi or not.

Thanks in advance
    virtualsinger

PS: I posted this thread also on the website of FX-MAX

Re: KONTAKT 2(.1) and FX-Teleport

I have no answer for you yet, but I expect to do so in the next couple of weeks, so it depends how desperate you are to get started.

D

Hi Daryl,
    a few weeks sooner or later doesn't matter anyhow.
    Till now I'm not too desperate, because KONTAKT runs as a standalone on a second PC. But it would be very fine to have it as an VSTi through FX-Teleport with all the advantages, especially to have the different outputs in the mixer of CUBASE, without any audiocard in the PC running KONTAKT.

According to a message from FX-MAX (publisher of FX-Teleport) there will be no problems running KONTAKT through FXT.

Greetings
    virtualsinger

I have some forum members who are using FX-Teleport with Kontakt 2 successfully with Overture 4. I would assume this means it would run fine in any VST host.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualsinger
    But it would be very fine to have it as an VSTi through FX-Teleport with all the advantages,
    If running as a VSTi thru FX-teleport, does the host program remember all the settings? One of the trade off's of running standalone is not having all the settings saved within the project. I have found that months later i have no idea how I saved then corresponding standalone settings.....
    Does anyone know about this? Are there methods of saving plugin or VI settings from within a program even if it is a standalone? Something lke a sysex dump?
    Thanks
    Todd

I use Kontakt 2 as stand allone or plugin in forte ENSEMBLE together with MIDIoverLAN by musicLAB.
    This works really great & I think better than FX-Teleport.
    I made the same expierience with GS3.12, but other user may have other expieriences.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    I use Kontakt 2 as stand allone or plugin in forte ENSEMBLE together with MIDIoverLAN by musicLAB.
    This works really great & I think better than FX-Teleport.
    I made the same expierience with GS3.12, but other user may have other expieriences.

But then you have to get the audio back to the DAW. FXT does MIDI and audio, so no soundcard or cables needed for the slave PC other than the network cable.

D

Yes, that may be the difference.
    But in my case the DAW is mostly a notation program & I do not need the audio flow back.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by virtualsinger
    Hy everybody out there,

does anyone have any experiences with KONTAKT 2 working together with FX-Teleport?
    Are you on PC or MAC ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril
    Are you on PC or MAC ?
    PC

Go Back to forum