• Register
  • Help

Topic: PBS - Permanently Bold Stickies?

Share/Bookmark

Question PBS - Permanently Bold Stickies?

Seems like around the time of the upgrade with the Power Profiles, I noticed that whether I read them or not, the sticky posts always stayed bold. I don't know if this is a bug or a "feature" but thought I'd ask around a bit. Could find any related options in my profile. It would be nice if they behaved like any other post, as the bold quickly shows me what has new content that I haven't read.

Anyone have any idea about this?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: PBS - Permanently Bold Stickies?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Seems like around the time of the upgrade with the Power Profiles, I noticed that whether I read them or not, the sticky posts always stayed bold. I don't know if this is a bug or a "feature" but thought I'd ask around a bit. Could find any related options in my profile. It would be nice if they behaved like any other post, as the bold quickly shows me what has new content that I haven't read.

Anyone have any idea about this?
    Same for me, Chris.

The hazard of that is, of course, that if they are always bold -- after repeatedly checking them for new content, people will eventually ignore them entirely... which I confess I have taken to doing.

While I think of it, didn't there used to be an Unsubscribe on the thread tools pulldown?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Just to add my voice - yes, it is annoying. And if you unsubscribe, does that mean you don't see it any more (like a latest update thread)? Or just that you can't post a reply to that thread?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Just to add my voice - yes, it is annoying. And if you unsubscribe, does that mean you don't see it any more (like a latest update thread)? Or just that you can't post a reply to that thread?
    Unsubscribe to a thread shouldn't mean you cannot post a reply to it later on nor should it mean you will not see the thread. Then again stranger things have happened.
    I gather it's the forums way of bringing to attention the various cool aspects and happenings offered on this site. Anyone first visiting would have their attention grabbed and hopefully they would investigate these highlighted postings first. Sort of like the mannequin in the boutique all dressed up in the latest fashion(s) that catches the customers eye and lures them into shop.

The best part of waking up is Starbucks in your cup.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum