• Register
  • Help

Topic: REALLY stupid PC question

Share/Bookmark

REALLY stupid PC question

Hey everyone, I need some help from PC users here.

OK. I installed GPO correctly on my machine (2.4 ghz P4, Win XP Pro, 512 MB ram (I had a 1 gb chip go bad and am in the process of returning it and getting a new one under warranty, but for now I just have 512, but this doesn't really concern my issue at hand)
    After I installed GPO, I went and upgraded the player from NI's site.
    Now, the player will load the patches without a hitch, but when I try to load the VST GPO player, when I attempt to load a patch, I get this:

"This patch was created with a newer version of Kontakt, please upgrade your copy to load the patch"

So I am guessing my vst version of GPO was not installed correctly when doing the updates? But the standalone GPO player is working just fine and loads them fine.
    Any ideas? I am sure this is an easy one? But I am a Mac guy - and Windows baffles me sometimes. (well, it is more likely that the PC lingo is just as foreign to me as French was earlier this month! )

Thanks for your time and help.

I am 90% where I need to be to get this PC to host my VST's and let me control them with my Mac. (ala Dan Kury, but without the fancy MIDI interfaces, only using MIDIoverLAN (or FX teleport when it arrives for OSX).
    I have Kontakt, GPO and a few other things loaded on there - and they work fine independently - having the MIDI keyboard connected directly, but I want to see what I can do with a Mac and PC setup. I really don't WANT to just use the PC to create my music - that is not why I had this PC built. I want to stay in my comfy Mac environment, and use the PC's CPU to do the heavy lifting. In effect, I just want to use the PC as a hardware based VSTi host. (like a cheaper version of Receptor!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: REALLY stupid PC question

I could be wrong, but posting with a more suitable subject title might yield more responses. This is not a PC problem, it's an application problem.

There are some VSTi issues mentioned in the sticky http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36712 . Looks like the thread is old so might not address this particular update, but maybe this will get you in the right direction.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you... I don't even have GPO.

R.

Well, what application are you using to open the GPO VST player?

I am wondering if you mean GPO Studio. If so, be sure that you also have the latest version. When you updated GPO, that probably did not update the GPO Studio.

(Seems like I knew a Jerry Wickam in Hawaii back in the 50's. He was a teacher, got caught in the draft, would be about 70 years old now.)

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, what application are you using to open the GPO VST player?

I am wondering if you mean GPO Studio. If so, be sure that you also have the latest version. When you updated GPO, that probably did not update the GPO Studio.

(Seems like I knew a Jerry Wickam in Hawaii back in the 50's. He was a teacher, got caught in the draft, would be about 70 years old now.)

Richard
    Thanks Richard.
    Whether GPO Studio, Garritan Studio, Overture 4 Demo, or Tracktion (my DAW of choice), the VST version of GPO player will not load the patches from the update - they are listed within the player to select, but when I select them I get the above message. It is funny - the player LOOKS the same as the older version - but lists the patches that are in the update. There is a difference between the big square "load" button in the two versions. The old version has a smooth "load" button, the new ones have raised bars on top and bottom with arrows on them on the "load" button.

That is cool about knowing another Jerry Wickham - there are so very few of us. I wasn't even a twinkle in my Daddy's eye in the 50's. (I was born in 1971)

Dabbler,

You may be correct, but I had no problems with the updates on the Mac installations. So I just called it a PC problem.

Cheers.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

You mention you have Kontakt - have you opened the patches in Kontakt (eg 2) and somehow saved them back. That might prevent the player recognising them subsequently.

Also does the updater have an option where you decide to install VST/RTAS/DX versions etc? Perhaps the VST bit was unticked so didn't update.

These are guesses by the way, I would go for a complete re-install of GPO from scratch if the problem seemed intractable.

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    You mention you have Kontakt - have you opened the patches in Kontakt (eg 2) and somehow saved them back. That might prevent the player recognising them subsequently.

Also does the updater have an option where you decide to install VST/RTAS/DX versions etc? Perhaps the VST bit was unticked so didn't update.

These are guesses by the way, I would go for a complete re-install of GPO from scratch if the problem seemed intractable.
    Thanks LOW -

I just did a fresh install and made sure that my initial GPO player VST's were deleted. Everything is fine now.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Go Back to forum