• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dual Core for Kontakt 2 and Sonar ?

Share/Bookmark

Dual Core for Kontakt 2 and Sonar ?

Can anybody reccomend a Dual Core computer to run both Sonar 5 and Kontakt2 along with an RME HDSP 9652 ?......Thanks, JIm

Re: Dual Core for Kontakt 2 and Sonar ?

I hear that Kontakt 2 has some issues with dual core that will be resolved in the next update (whenever that is). I'm running it and Sonar 5 (multiprocessing enabled) with an Opteron 165 and it seems to be (relatively) stable, but YMMV. I can't offer any opinion on the RME, other than 'I want one.'

synthnut, "Fahlen's corner" at the RME techinfo page might interest you.

In my experience Kontakt seem pretty stable on dual cores? My understanding is that it's mostly a matter of K2 not taking full advantage of both cores. The 2.1 update promises to improve that, so I'm eager to try it out.

Nils
    ---------------------------
    AMD X2 4400+, 2GB RAM

Nils,
    Very interesting readl....It really doesn't have many good things to say about the the nForce4 Dual Core cards .... I think I'll wait a little bit longer .....For now....limbo !!... I either have to go back in technology, or wait till it get's better .....I'll have to wait ...I'll kick myself if I go back .....Thanks for your help .....Sincerely, Jim

I think it is better to wait and looking forward what Windows Vista will bring to improve dual vore usage.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Jovan,
    So far I have the soundcard that I want to use that does NOT like the current Dual Core setups, and now I have Kontakt not wanting to deal with it ...This computer is going to be a Sonar/Kontakt computer with RME HDSP 9652 sound card .....Looks like you have the same idea that I have ...
    ..Thanks, Jim

Go Back to forum