• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: LOVE the Korg Legacy Collection

Share/Bookmark

LOVE the Korg Legacy Collection

The Legacy Collection is amazing.

I've played all these synths in this collection except for the MS-20 synth - which is FAT FAT FAT!!!!

The Wavestation is spot on and in this form is better than the original --- if you got some thing to do the joystick.

The polysix is spot on as well.

The real kicker is the Legacy Cell which is an amazing sound set.

This stuff is Korg better than you remember them.

I absolutely love the sounds!!!!

Re: LOVE the Korg Legacy Collection

Quote Originally Posted by piano
    The Legacy Collection is amazing.

I've played all these synths in this collection except for the MS-20 synth - which is FAT FAT FAT!!!!

The Wavestation is spot on and in this form is better than the original --- if you got some thing to do the joystick.

The polysix is spot on as well.

The real kicker is the Legacy Cell which is an amazing sound set.

This stuff is Korg better than you remember them.

I absolutely love the sounds!!!!
    Ah! Good. I asked Nick Harvey about this collection and he more or less said the same thing. I must get that as soon as possible. Thanks.

Thumbs up Re: LOVE the Korg Legacy Collection

Just picked this up for £149, inc. controller, which is a steal I reckon.

http://www.a1audio.co.uk/shop/dealof...20060329%5C%22

jeah...100% agreed, and they seem to be continuing to invest in it.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

The M1 and Wavestation sound better than their hardware counterparts.

The originals has a 32K sampling rate.

The D/A convertors in almost any modern audio interface is miles ahead of what an M1 or a Wavestation had in the late 80's and early 90's.

In the latest release of the KLC both the M1 and Wavestation have filter resonance.

There are so many benefits to the KLC vs the original hardware, it's crazy.

I love the KLC as well.
    The other thing is the MDE effects are under-rated, really good FX.

Thumbs up Re: LOVE the Korg Legacy Collection

Yup ...good stuff!
    I got the digital edition and could not be more pleased. I can take my WSAD out of my rack now.
    (I'll save it in case the dongle breaks)

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

yep, one of the best buys imho....
    and they are constantly listening and adding user requested features, and it is one of the most processor/memory effecient bug free software....

maybe Eric is secretly working for them? :-)
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Could you enlighten me about the 2 different editions (Korg legacy Collection and DIGITAL Legacy collection?

As far as I can see, the "only" additional feature the Digital edition has over the normal edition is the M1 synth (including library). Is the wavestation in both versions different. They are selling the Legacy collection for 199 EUR now in germany. This is amazing. And it seemss you can update for 99$ to the Digital edition, or am I misunderstanding something?
    Thanks for your help
    Raindog

ok, my understanding is, since I am NOT a korg employee.

there was the original legacy collection, which was the poly6, ms-20 and wavestation. but this is being phased out if not already phased out to become two products, sort of.

the Legacy Collection Analog Collection which is out in Japan and maybe europe but no the US yet, which will be the poly 6 and ms-20 and the digital edition which IS out now in the US, which is the Wavestation and the M1.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

I bought the Legacy Collection here in the UK over a year ago. That consisted of the MS20, the Wavestation, the Polysix, the Legacy Cell and the MS20 hardware controller. I've recently upgraded to the Digital Edition which added the M1 to the collection.

All of the plug-ins are truly fabulous. If i could hug them I would. Instead I just spend most of the time caressing my tiny organ (the controller). Occasionally I buy it presents - dinner at the Ivy, sexy underwear, blooming daffs. Don't want to ever take it for granted y'see.

Nick

Go Back to forum