• Register
  • Help

Topic: Getting the right display quantize

Share/Bookmark

Getting the right display quantize

I have a 4/4 measure that contain an eighth note, three quarters and another eighth note, all staccato. I don't seem to be able to get the score to display the notes correctly. I have tried starting the measure with a quantization of eighths and then putting in a change to quarters after the first eight, but that does not work. Any clues?

Russ

Re: Getting the right display quantize

What notation program are you using Russ? Each notation program works a little differently and I probably would be helpful for forum members to know this so the right ones can come forth with some helpful ideas.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Question Re: Getting the right display quantize

Russ:

Have you tried notating it as eighth, quarter, eighth tied to eighth, quarter and eighth? Sometimes breaking the measure in half works.

Of course this may not be the answer for your notation program.

David M.

Thanks for the replys. You are right that this is not a GPO problem and not right for this forum (silly me). Just for the record I am using Cubase SX and I have resolved the problem. After a couple of days I found the right combination of quantization parameters that did the trick. It is just required leaning curve on my part. Sorry to bother you all.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by rdhobby
    Thanks for the replys. You are right that this is not a GPO problem and not right for this forum (silly me). Just for the record I am using Cubase SX and I have resolved the problem. After a couple of days I found the right combination of quantization parameters that did the trick. It is just required leaning curve on my part. Sorry to bother you all.

Russ
    Never a bother, Russ. You're questions have undoubtedly answered questions for any number of users. Thanks.

Go Back to forum