• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: There is a level...

Share/Bookmark

There is a level...

It was a stupid post. It's gone now.

Re: There is a level...

My thoughts on it are at least there is no dongle, that's worth it for me. Once you get the product registered and view all the tutorials, maybe write down tech support email, you don't really have to access the support pages.

I'm really surprised by your post...especially after the extensive amount of online and offline time and special attention we've spent with you to help resolve your Nuendo/ASIO driver issue.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43506

Maybe you didn't realize that with the support knowlege base site, you only have to log in one time and you'll have access to all the support stuff for all our products forever...it's a simple and straightforward system.

Here's why we do it this way:

Obviously, all the extra support stuff we do is for legit users only and it's no secret that we have lots of illegit users out there that would all love to have the same full access to ongoing support and updates that our paying customers are used to enjoying. We need the serial number to provide the best service and all the free additions like the many hours of free RMX video tutorials possible to our paying customers...that's how we can tell who's legit and who's not.

Your serial number is the most important part of the product, because that's what gains you access to all the ongoing support and updates.

In nearly all electronic services, it's not considered unusual or hardheaded to ask customers to put their serial number in one time to verify that they are a legit user - once we know they are legit, they have full access from that point on. We've thought this support system through very carefully to provide a reasonable, cool, convenient and generous service to ALL our legit users.

Our reasoning for this approach is that most of our users would consider a one-time login for unlimited online support access for all Spectrasonics products as being a very fair and reasonable request. The reaction to it so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Hope that clarifies how it works, why we do it that way and that it's a great system that offers much more than what most other companies do. We care a lot about customer satisfaction and convenience....after all, that's why we designed this new support system in the first place! :-)

Best,

spectrum

Here's an idea - and what I do as a knee jerk reaction:

I take my new serial number and type it into a notepad document set up for such things. I have many of my serials to my LEGALLY purchased products in this document. I copy and paste this notepad document as a shortcut to my desktop.

Now, if I need a serial nunber to re-download something or for support, I can just open the notepad document, find the requisite serial number and copy and paste into whatever it is I need to do.

What does it take - 1.2 seconds to do that.

The laziness and childishness of this post amazes even me.

Mike

Sure...it should be common practice by now that it's almost essential to keep your serial numbers for your software on a stickie or notepad.

What works great is keeping your Master Passwords/Serials on a USB flash drive on your key ring...they are so cheap now that this should be a standard thing for everyone using software these days. That way, no matter where you are working, you have access to all your important numbers and it's easy to copy and paste the numbers on any computer. I do it this way and always have access to my important software numbers for the hundreds of different apps and plug-ins I use. It's pretty normal that I need to access this info regularly for service, updates, etc...and that has nothing specific to do with Spectrasonics products.

And again....our new Support Knowlegebase area is accessible with only a one-time login....you don't need your serial number to access it everytime you have a question. Once we've verified that a person is a legit user, they have access to all the support knowlege for the whole product line anytime they need it.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    I'm really surprised by your post...especially after the extensive amount of online and offline time and special attention we've spent with you to help resolve your Nuendo/ASIO driver issue.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43506

Maybe you didn't realize that with the support knowlege base site, you only have to log in one time and you'll have access to all the support stuff for all our products forever...it's a simple and straightforward system.

Here's why we do it this way:

Obviously, all the extra support stuff we do is for legit users only and it's no secret that we have lots of illegit users out there that would all love to have the same full access to ongoing support and updates that our paying customers are used to enjoying. We need the serial number to provide the best service and all the free additions like the many hours of free RMX video tutorials possible to our paying customers...that's how we can tell who's legit and who's not.

Your serial number is the most important part of the product, because that's what gains you access to all the ongoing support and updates.

In nearly all electronic services, it's not considered unusual or hardheaded to ask customers to put their serial number in one time to verify that they are a legit user - once we know they are legit, they have full access from that point on. We've thought this support system through very carefully to provide a reasonable, cool, convenient and generous service to ALL our legit users.

Our reasoning for this approach is that most of our users would consider a one-time login for unlimited online support access for all Spectrasonics products as being a very fair and reasonable request. The reaction to it so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Hope that clarifies how it works, why we do it that way and that it's a great system that offers much more than what most other companies do. We care a lot about customer satisfaction and convenience....after all, that's why we designed this new support system in the first place! :-)

Best,

spectrum
    Yeah, sorry about that. I was in a pretty rotten mood. I should have just stayed away from the computer.

For the record, Jeff Deno at Steinberg spent several hours a week, for four weeks, before your people got back to me. I also tried to get someone from Ilio to help, but that was unproductive as well. The Ilio guy did say he would try to reach your company. Sweetwater also attempted to get through to your tech team on this issue. It took me posting here to get it going on Spectrasonics end. I'm sorry to say, those are the facts. However, once you got involved, Adam Hawk was extremely competent. He's a very sharp guy. Probably the sharpest guy I dealt with out of any the various companies as I worked my way through the problem.

I'll definitely put this nicer now. Trilogy is just awesome. It's the best bass sound I've ever had to work with. There is almost nothing I can't get from it in terms of bass performance. I feel frustrated with Spectrasonics, the corporation for two reasons.

1) The call-back tech support system makes it very hard to actually *get* support. If you sit in front of the machine and wait for the return call, you could spend hours upon hours. (I did.) If you leave the studio, close up shop, and then they call back, they will leave a message on the machine. So you come in the next day and call again, and leave a message.... and wait some more for another call-back. It's terribly frustrating.

2) The website makes me type in my serial number too much. I have to type it in every single time I check the updates. Even Waves, a truly phobic company when it comes to intellectual property protection, only requires an email address.

And I had to type it in just to access the forum. But since the studio was all shut down and I was in my office, I didn't have the number. I assumed it would be a situation like checking the updates, which requires it every time. If it really is just a one-time deal, then you are right, it's not so bad.

You're a reasonable guy and you obviously do care about your customers. So I am sorry I popped off at you. On my end, the time spent on Trilogy issues has been truly excessive. I would like things to be a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by tekhead
    Yeah, sorry about that. I was in a pretty rotten mood. I should have just stayed away from the computer.
    No problem...I understand that it's been frustrating for you.

For the record, Jeff Deno at Steinberg spent several hours a week, for four weeks, before your people got back to me. I also tried to get someone from Ilio to help, but that was unproductive as well. The Ilio guy did say he would try to reach your company. Sweetwater also attempted to get through to your tech team on this issue. It took me posting here to get it going on Spectrasonics end. I'm sorry to say, those are the facts.
    For whatever reason, your request got lost in the shuffle. It happens sometimes and I apologize for that. Once we realized that was the case, we were able to deal with it quickly.

However, once you got involved, Adam Hawk was extremely competent. He's a very sharp guy. Probably the sharpest guy I dealt with out of any the various companies as I worked my way through the problem.
    Yes...our guys are really sharp. :-)

I'll definitely put this nicer now. Trilogy is just awesome. It's the best bass sound I've ever had to work with. There is almost nothing I can't get from it in terms of bass performance.
    Cool!

I feel frustrated with Spectrasonics, the corporation for two reasons.

1) The call-back tech support system makes it very hard to actually *get* support. If you sit in front of the machine and wait for the return call, you could spend hours upon hours. (I did.) If you leave the studio, close up shop, and then they call back, they will leave a message on the machine. So you come in the next day and call again, and leave a message.... and wait some more for another call-back. It's terribly frustrating.
    Most of the time, we are doing "live" calls during our tech support hours, so callback isn't even necessary. Sometimes, when there's a bump in incoming calls, there's a delay involved...but we try and keep it as short as possible. You hit a bump and there was some missing communication in there too, so I'm sorry that your experience was longer than most.

2) The website makes me type in my serial number too much. I have to type it in every single time I check the updates.
    No you don't.

If you look at the updates page, it tells you BEFORE you login what all the current versions are.

Just look down on the page:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/updates/index.php

So this info is present without needing a serial number. You only need your serial if your want to actually download an update....same as any other company.

Even Waves, a truly phobic company when it comes to intellectual property protection, only requires an email address.
    That's a poor system though, because people's email addresses change all the time. We tried that for a while and it caused too many problems.

And I had to type it in just to access the forum. But since the studio was all shut down and I was in my office, I didn't have the number.
    Yeah...get one of those USB flash drives for your key ring. It'll save you in those kinds of critical situations for ALL software issues. It's saved me many times! :-)

I assumed it would be a situation like checking the updates, which requires it every time. If it really is just a one-time deal, then you are right, it's not so bad.
    Yeah...not a big deal.

You're a reasonable guy and you obviously do care about your customers. So I am sorry I popped off at you.
    No worries. :-)

On my end, the time spent on Trilogy issues has been truly excessive. I would like things to be a bit easier.
    I understand. Your experience was highly unusual.

Keep in mind that other than our delay getting back to you, all other issues were related to another company's driver and how it affected a particular host.

Hopefully, everything is working now and you're up and running!

spectrum

Hi. Maybe it's my mac but I just type the first letter of my name and first letter of my serial# and the rest just fills in. I thiught it was something to do with the Sectrasonics site. I don't know. You want a hassle buy recycle. It makes you reverify it every 40-60 days. So if you are say anywere without your CD that came with it you are screwed.Very annoying. See if you have an auto-fill setting on your computer. I stil think it does it from Spectrasonics site however. I allways have to write all serial#s and the like with a magic marker in REAL large type. I can't see well enough to read the numbers from the actual manual it came in.JON

Post Re: There is a level...

If you have auto-fill activated in your preferences, after the first time you type your info, your computer will fill it in for you every time thereafter.
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    ...Hopefully, everything is working now and you're up and running!

spectrum
    Yeah, sort of... I can get it to play correctly, but only in Cubase. Whatever is happening between Nuendo and UVI is very serious. There is no workaround that does not delay, truncate and generally mangle Trilogy's output. And apparently, all UVI products are affected. Wow, that's a lot of products. Come to think of it, isn't Ivory also a UVI-based instrument? Sheesh, imagine what it must be doing to fast piano passages.

Cubase exhibits a variation of the bug too when the "Multimedia ASIO" driver is selected. Unfortunately, Steiny isn't offering even a hint of when they might tackle the issue. So very nice.

I would really rather work in Nuendo. For some reason, I find Cubase brings on fatigue after only 4-5 hours. Something about the interface, I guess. Surprising how much difference it makes. In Nuendo, I can work 10 hours straight and still be productive. Makes me $^%#@$ crabby to be stuck in Cubase...

Go Back to forum