• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Topic: Online Course: GARRITAN INTERACTIVE PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

Gary,

This is a fantastic idea, and would be a huge boon to budding composers/orchestrators.

I am very familiar with RK's text, having worked through it page-by-page at least four or five times. Still, I'd be happy to beta-test as a "learner," if that would help. I'd also be happy to contribute as a teacher as you requested, if I understood exactly what you needed in that department.

In short, anything I can do to contribute to this, let me know.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Wow! I would definitely and enthusiastically participate in this. I had planned to go through this text on my own, but this would be fantasitic.

Thanks!!!

Jon

Post Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

I am not sure if qccowboy is using a PC or a Mac, but I am able to view the Chapter 2 sample and hear the audio fine with FireFox on my Apple laptop.

Jim S.

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    how about making online material accessible to people who do not use Internet Explorer? there appear to be no plugins for Mozilla to view your sample pages

unless you intend it as a downloadable thing? in which case, never mind.
    I am using Firefox. Try updating your version and make sure you have the Flash plugin installed in your browser. See if that works.

Gary Garritan

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

Quote Originally Posted by stoverje
    I am not sure if qccowboy is using a PC or a Mac, but I am able to view the Chapter 2 sample and hear the audio fine with FireFox on my Apple laptop.

Jim S.
    Also works fine with Safari on MAC OSX.

This is a wonderful thing!

Ed

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Yes yes and YES! This is totally awesome!

This is just exactly what I need!!!! This is GREAT!!!!! I'm anxiously awaiting their appearance on the web and, hopefully, can download them for study at my own pace on my non-web connected DAW.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, SIR!!!!!!!

Tom (the other Tom Davis, LOL)

I am delighted to doff my cap to this project, which is altruism of a high level. Some of the earlier attempts to launch an orchestration course sadly fizzled out, partly because individual assessment of exercises was attempted.

This is a nice example of what is to come. Thanks to all involved. Chapter "won" ezz somewhere near grasshopper.
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

WOW!! Now this is a pleasant suprise...wow!!

When I purchased GPO, I also purchased this book, but haven't been able to use it very much because of not having any recordings of the scores in Part II. Now I feel I can get the most out of my book!!! I shouldn't be suprised that it is Garritan who is doing this--Gary, your efforts to educate the musical world and bring technology to those who can't afford the "top-notch" samplers is absoultely amazing. This is an awesome idea...

...WOW!!

-Ken

Go Back to forum
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast