• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deathmatch Music

Share/Bookmark

Smile Deathmatch Music

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here

Just thought I'd share a little bit of my work. This is a short "Deathmatch" cue that I wrote for an FPS project, so it's more of an intense track than a melodic track. The in-game version is a loop, so that's why it kinda ends out of nowhere. Hope you like it.

C&C welcome

http://www.limefly.net/subs/pureup/b...eathmatch1.mp3

Aaron

Re: Deathmatch Music

Hah I knew it'd be cool from the very first note! What are you using for the bass and for the drums (and textures)?

Awesome tune, man - my only suggestion is that if you're using Kontakt, you should consider using the TKT repetition script on the repeating string notes. By now it only makes a negligible improvement in sound, especially with libraries that already have up/down or round robin samples. However, it makes sequencing about a billion times easier, so it's worth checking out.

(Sorry it took us so long to reply btw)
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

Oh by the way, can I ask what FPS project it's for? (or at least what type/style of FPS)
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

Thanks for the comments

as for your questions,

The drums are pretty much entirely done with Stylus RMX Sound Menus (with filtering and fairly heavy effects processing). The bass is Trilogy, and the textures are Atmosphere.

The project will be similar in style to Quake, UT, etc.

Aaron

Awesome, I'll have to learn how to do that with stylus sometime soon.
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

Go Back to forum