• Register
  • Help

Topic: East West Colossuss

Share/Bookmark

East West Colossuss

hi everyone . im a little confused . i have just got colossuss with its 34 gb samples and kompact player. i want to utilise the general midi side of it but do not know how to do this. i can load samples in individualy , to listen to but i just want to play midi files with colosuss . is there any other players out there what can do this or is it a long winded load.

Re: East West Colossuss

It might be essayer to have an answer over there, you know they have a forum right?

But you can import it in kontack 2 if that is you question, or is it Kontack 1 .

You need to load them manually.

Kompakt/Kontakt do not support GM/Program changing on the fly like Synth/Sound modules do.

For listening to midis without loading samples after samples you're better off getting a hardware unit.

Independence from Yellow Tools deals with Banks and Patch Changes and even better you can pre-cache the full bank giving you instant access to any instruments, which also saves CPU and RAM compared to pre-loading certain instruments. I actually started a GM bank using most of Ind's library, and some other stuff from other libraries(Colossus, Trilogy, ..).
    The problem is to extract the "protected" samples, though there are some tools available, but this still requires some work.

Quote Originally Posted by mbncp
    Independence from Yellow Tools deals with Banks and Patch Changes and even better you can pre-cache the full bank giving you instant access to any instruments, which also saves CPU and RAM compared to pre-loading certain instruments. I actually started a GM bank using most of Ind's library, and some other stuff from other libraries(Colossus, Trilogy, ..).
    The problem is to extract the "protected" samples, though there are some tools available, but this still requires some work.
    Were you able to do it? Importing EW libs in Independence cause that would be great. And what are those tools?

thanks!

Well, I use my own tools (midi plug and macro in sx3 + a few other tools I made), but the easiest is maybe to use Extreme Sample Converter which can load a VSTi, generate key strokes at different velocities and saves the samples.
    He could go a little further as he can read NI files, so he could get the keys to trigger, instead of creating duplicates. Though he can't read the protected samples, he can get most of the info.
    Anyway, it's important to remove all filters, envelopes, fx and set the amp velocity to zero. It's easier with K2, as I just copy the group and paste it in an empty instrument slot, no need to remove anything. EXSC will also trim the samples, but doesn't detect loops setting (if any). But Seamless Looper from Zero-X can do that in a batch, and does it really well, especially if we removed everything that could alter the sample.
    As you see, it's still some work, but I find it worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mbncp
    Well, I use my own tools (midi plug and macro in sx3 + a few other tools I made), but the easiest is maybe to use Extreme Sample Converter which can load a VSTi, generate key strokes at different velocities and saves the samples.
    He could go a little further as he can read NI files, so he could get the keys to trigger, instead of creating duplicates. Though he can't read the protected samples, he can get most of the info.
    Anyway, it's important to remove all filters, envelopes, fx and set the amp velocity to zero. It's easier with K2, as I just copy the group and paste it in an empty instrument slot, no need to remove anything. EXSC will also trim the samples, but doesn't detect loops setting (if any). But Seamless Looper from Zero-X can do that in a batch, and does it really well, especially if we removed everything that could alter the sample.
    As you see, it's still some work, but I find it worth the effort.
    I wish i was a tweak head

thanks!

Go Back to forum