• Register
  • Help

Topic: KH Emerald: Duplicate Names?

Share/Bookmark

KH Emerald: Duplicate Names?

Hi,

Running the Giga version.

Does anyone know what the difference is beteen instruments that have duplicate names, or the reason for the duplicate names?

Possibly instruments that have been updated?

In the strings, there are some, and they sound slightly different but it's hard for me to know which one is my preffered version at this point, because of the names being the same.

Eventually I suspect that I'll get used to them, as in where they are located in the file, but I just thought I'd ask and see if any one has an idea.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: KH Emerald: Duplicate Names?

Hi Steve,

Couldyou give an example ? I've just received this lib. too, and I saw that you have the "release trigger hall" group and the "no release trigger hall". You can find the same program name in the 2 groups, but one will have the release trigger hall, and the other not...

Re: KH Emerald: Duplicate Names?

Hi,

I'll find one soon. I've just been working had and can't get over to that place now.

These duplicates are instruments within the same .gig file.
    I haven't been using the release control ones.
    The differences in the duplicates are subtle but the later ones, farther down the list, are smoother, with more tailored ends, or releases.
    I'm remembering the ones that are *LV_SFZ_ModAddsSwell and remembering duplicates in the Cellos, Violas, and 1stVls, but I'll check to make sure.

After the last 2 days I'm pretty sure which ones to go for now and it seems to be always the ones that are closest to the bottom of the file, if there are 2 with the same name.

I might just tweak the names later on when I have time.

Go Back to forum