• Register
  • Help

Topic: what should I know before reformating my hard disc

Share/Bookmark

what should I know before reformating my hard disc

I have been having major problems with my original MOTU 828 firewire and Win XP SP2 and some WIN security patches.

I have been back and forth with MOTU tech support for the better part of amonth now and all with no resolution in sight.

So in an attempt to clear out whatever is causing the problem and I am about to reformat my hard disc and start over. Is there anything I need to know about the NI copy protection before I do this?

Many thanks.
    [Virtual Guitarist] [Warp VST] [ModelE] [Silverspike R2] no illegal software

Re: what should I know before reformating my hard disc

You shouldn't have any trouble if you don't change any parts in your PC or the OS. Make sure you save your activation number and every thing should be fine.

Re: what should I know before reformating my hard disc

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    You shouldn't have any trouble if you don't change any parts in your PC or the OS. Make sure you save your activation number and every thing should be fine.
    I've never found this to be the case. I've reformatted several times on two machines, and each reformat has changed the request code generated by my NI stuff, Gigastudio and Crusher-X, despite all the hardware remaining the same. But it's really easy to get new codes from NI, so long as you only have two active at any one time.

Go Back to forum