• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Short scary modern organ music

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Thumbs up Short scary modern organ music

    With a title like that, we shouldn't have too many visitors here!

    I thought I should make this an official Listening Room post. I was inspired by Jonathan's (giwro_jon) new organ work contest to write something for the organ for the first time. This piece isn't part of his contest, just a two-minute exploratory piece. I'd appreciate any comments.

    I chose a few different GPO manuals and a pedal, and just did a lot of exploring of layering colors. This piece builds gradually from a gentle meditation to a giant screaming ugly sexy beast. Watch the volume level, please.

    Birth of a Behemoth
    - Jamie Kowalski

    All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

  2. #2

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    <hiding behind table leg>

    ... is it gone?


  3. #3

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    Scary stuff, Jamie!

    I would definitely place this in the Horror category.
    The repeating, unrelenting motif gives it an almost "twisted" surrealistic feel.
    Perhaps a horror of psychosis!

    nice work!

    ~jeff

  4. #4

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    This is exactly what I hear in my head whenever I see clowns.

    Or sheep, now that I think about it.

    And clocks. And maple syrup. And my sock drawer. And...

    Hmmm. I think this piece may have exposed an underlying psychosis or two.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    I must be a non-scared person. This didn't scare me at all, it was however fairly tense in building up to the climax. Very nice piece.

    SHEEP, David!? Clowns (cf Stephen King's Ça ....), yes, clocks, maybe, but SHEEP?
    Kind Regards

    Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

    Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

  6. #6

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    Thanks for the responses.

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    I must be a non-scared person. This didn't scare me at all...
    This just means you were not listening to it loudly enough.
    - Jamie Kowalski

    All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

  7. #7

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    mmmmmmmm I like this one a lot. It sounds er.... ahm ...that is to say.... well it sounds evil actually.
    But for me that is a good thing. There is not enough good new evil music around these days.

    It kind of makes me think of ..... a clown wearing a sheep mask..... and then he tears off the mask, and it looks like etLux underneath....... and he is juggling a clock and some socks.... but his hands are covered in maple syrup and the socks are sticking to his hands, and then he drops the clock, and it starts chiming in perfect synchronisation with your repeating figure, and then......

    I am beginning to think someone spiked my coffee.....

    Regards Joe

  8. #8

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    mmmmmmmm I like this one a lot. It sounds er.... ahm ...that is to say.... well it sounds evil actually.
    But for me that is a good thing. There is not enough good new evil music around these days.

    It kind of makes me think of ..... a clown wearing a sheep mask..... and then he tears off the mask, and it looks like etLux underneath....... and he is juggling a clock and some socks.... but his hands are covered in maple syrup and the socks are sticking to his hands, and then he drops the clock, and it starts chiming in perfect synchronisation with your repeating figure, and then......

    I am beginning to think someone spiked my coffee.....

    Regards Joe
    ROFL!

    Joe, you're even more ill than I had thought!

    I agree, there's nothing like a good evil piece, and not nearly enough high-quality malevolence around, these days, musically.

    Jamie's definitely brought this to good effect... leave this looping for a few hours like I did, and it's a positively hallucinatory experience.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  9. #9

    Re: Short scary modern organ music

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    leave this looping for a few hours like I did, and it's a positively hallucinatory experience.
    LOL! I know what you mean. While fine-tuning, I guess I've listened to the whole thing about 900 times through, and up until about 3am in a half-asleep state. I'm still wandering around bumping into things this afternoon.
    - Jamie Kowalski

    All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •