• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ok David. I surrender.

Share/Bookmark

Red face Ok David. I surrender.

Ok David. I surrender.
    I have been overpowered by your mojo. I don’t think you realize your own power. A few weeks ago, as many of us in chat know, I set myself on fire. I thought I did it, but it was your mojo as Gary suggested. This past week, I had to leave chat due to an A/C emergency. I was feeling a bit too cold so I turned off the A/C and found that the coils were completely frozen… a solid sheet of snow.
    Today, the A/C repairman was due to arrive, so I moved my equipment so that he would have access to the A/C. When he arrived, it magically fixed itself after having been broken for several days. After he left, I booted up to find that my soundcard had been damaged due to a very mild fall to the carpet.
    First set on fire, then frozen, busted A/C which then fixed itself, and now a dead soundcard. Please, I beg for your mercy.
    Cut it out!
    Thanks,
    …2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Ok David. I surrender.

To me, Brian, this sounds like a sauerkraut deficiency...

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43827

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Point taken.

But you see, it is far easier on my ego to blame it on your mojo and sauerkraut than to admit to my own lack of gracefulness.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

My "mojo" is vastly overestimated.

It's true my propensity for consuming massive quantities of sauerkraut has imbued me with certain supernatural capabilities.

Still, Texas would presently be beyond my range -- though a recent acquisition of some seven hundred cases of vintage asparagus may well extend my reach...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Still, Alabama would presently be beyond my range -- though a recent acquisition of some seven hundred cases of vintage asparagus may well extend my reach...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Well, I'm in Texas, but I think that combination falls into the WMD category.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    My "mojo" is vastly overestimated..
    Your mojo is strong David! Mojo very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Well, I'm in Texas, but I think that combination falls into the WMD category.
    Aha!

Very clever of you to list Alabama in your personal profile... but it is a fruitless ploy if it's intended to divert my aim.

Edit:
    I see you have hastened to change Alabama to Texas. But even were it Idaho, it would make no difference.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

The plot thickens...

I managed to get my soundcard to work (kind of) after tinkering with it for hours. It worked as long as I didn't move it or breath on it.
    I decided to move my desk back so that I could get back to work. I removed my monitor,CPU, and all heavy objects off the desk. I lifted it up about half an inch and the entire thing collapsed.
    That's about $1200 damage for a non broken A/C. It would have been cheaper to buy a new A/C.
    I am using my other computer to log in and post this.
    I might be M.I.A. for a bit.

That's particle board for ya!
    I ain't putting this thing back up until I can afford a real studio desk. Putting all this expensive stuff on office supply store furniture is stupid.

I was looking at this:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...isc?sku=546553

Note the WHEELS and rack mounts! Thats what I needed. - And no particle board!

The problem is that my monitors (including a 22') are not flat panel LCD - won't fit - more $$$

I give up.
    Last edited by Brian2112; 03-23-2006 at 07:12 AM.

Minime is on his way.
    Groovy baby!
    Styxx

Brian, for years, I struggled with the "suitable desk" problem.

I tried a few of those computer-oriented units, even a commercial-grade job, but none of the layouts ever worked well -- things didn't fit where they were supposed to, etc., and the quality and strength was bleh.

Finally, I settled on a big old "farm" table... 6'6" feet long and about 3'6" deep. For me, that's worked out great, and I've stuck with it for years. It was cheap ($50 at a tag sale), it's plenty sturdy, and there are no back parts, sides, and so on to get in the way when I have to crawl around in forty miles of wires.

It depends on what-all you've gotta stack up, I guess; but in my case just plunking the sys unit on the floor and the printer on a low end-table next to the desk leaves more than enough workspace for everything else.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum