• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: K 2 !!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Question K 2 !!!!!

Any of you top guns know of how I can contact NI techs? This K2 is for the birds!
    Styxx

Re: K 2 !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Any of you top guns know of how I can contact NI techs? This K2 is for the birds!
    Let me guess. You're on a Mac...
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Let me guess. You're on a Mac...
    Nope, PC. God, I can't believe how upset this has me.
    Styxx

Have you updated K2 to the current version? I believe it's currently at 2.0.2.007, and seems much improved on the 2.0 version right out of the box.
    Jim Casella
    Tapspace

there was a long-burning thread on the official Kontakt forum that has recently been closed. They're working on a fix now - I'd imagine they'll announce it as an update at MusikMesse and will release two weeks after the show.

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

I just don't get it. I have had Kontakt 2 for quite a long time and it never fails on me.

Now, I mostly use it to playback Kirk Hunter Emerald, Bela D Media Giovani and many other Kontakt 2 specific libraries I purchased.

I use it stand alone and as a vst instrument without problem or fault.

I also NEVER upgraded it since I bought it. Perhaps that is the problem. My version was purchased a little under 8 months ago and I have never bothered to upgrade it. Why fix something that is not broken or is causing me problems? Since then, I have seen people crying over Kontakt 2 and how bad it is!!!

Mike

Thumbs down Re: K 2 !!!!!

This K2 is for the birds!
    I like birds myself... how about leeches(?)... as in a few particular blood-sucking companies!

This is precisely why I have not purchased K2 and probably won't. The only reason I would contemplate a sampler at all at this point, from a personal level, is to have access to SAM Brass and some of the VSL Horizon series stuff (the new V.I. releases are insane -$1350 for chamber strings?).

I really hope Gary, Westgate, the "SAM" cats or some other cool company can come through and serve up some great solo and chamber strings, and do it ASAP. A few companies are in need of a reality check.

I feel for ya.

Brian

Harleg:

Kirk Hunter has a chamber string collection - he included the chamber string DVD (a subset of the larger collection) for FREE with my Kirk Hunter Symphony Emerald product - what a GREAT bonus!

I would look at that - his collections sound fantastic and the pricing is more than fair and a fraction of what most companies charge.

Mike

Post Re: K 2 !!!!!

I had issues w/K2 at first. Had to re-install and update. Since then it has been stable. But if I run within a host I can't resize the screen to where I would like it.
    Styxx here is the contact info for NI....
    USA:
    Available:
    Monday – Thursday 9am - 5pm pacific
    Friday: 9am – 4pm pacific
    Phone: +1.323.467 2693
    Good luck, all the best
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

I found you can better call their homebase, Berlin. This is where the developers are located and they give you direct phone support on specific questions.
    All my reports indicate that the LA support office is merely helping, not solving.

So it is worth getting up early and calling thenm in Europe:
    Technical Support (registered users only)
    Telephone: +49.30.61 10 35-1400
    Fax: +49.30.61 10 35-2400
    Support is available from 10 - 18:30 CET

I can say I have had almost no problems with K2. There are some issues with the import function, conversion of giga and other formats...But for the rest K2 is rock-steady here.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast