• Register
  • Help

Topic: Possible to force Giga into non-Rewire mode with no soundcard?

Share/Bookmark

Possible to force Giga into non-Rewire mode with no soundcard?

If Giga doesn't detect a GSIF card, it automatically switches into Rewire mode. I'd like to use it exclusively for audio-over-IP via Wormhole or equivalent, so would like to avoid buying a soundcard. But Rewire mode doesn't let me work with MIDIOverLan, nor does it seem to allow Wormhole to function.

Is there a way to force GS3 into regular, non-Rewire mode, even with no soundcard present?

(I assume the soundcard isn't necessary in order to send audio over IP, though if I'm mistaken I'd appreciate a correction.)

Re: Possible to force Giga into non-Rewire mode with no soundcard?

I haven't done it, but I believe that if you use the right combination of FxMax products, Giga will see a virtual GSIF driver, and will work in non-rewire mode. They have a forum there, where you can ask the detailed questions - and hopefully get the answer from somebody who has used it.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I haven't done it, but I believe that if you use the right combination of FxMax products, Giga will see a virtual GSIF driver, and will work in non-rewire mode. They have a forum there, where you can ask the detailed questions - and hopefully get the answer from somebody who has used it.

-JF
    Thanks Jon! I'll check that out.

Briefly you have a choice of Giga Teleport or a combination of FX-Teleport and Giga VST Adapter.

GS receives MIDI via network, turns GS into a VST and teleports the audio back over the network to your DAW.

The combination of FXT and GVA does the same thing but FXT is able to teleport most VST plugs, not just GS.

THIS WORKS AS LONG AS YOU ARE ON PC.

If not then you have to go with your original plan and I can't help you there as I have never used either products.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    If not then you have to go with your original plan and I can't help you there as I have never used either products.

D
    I'm running a GigaPC into a Mac. I can use Wormhole to do the audio transfer over ethernet; all I really need is for GS3 to "think" there's a GSIF card attached so that it doesn't pre-emptively boot into Rewire mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeShapiro
    I'm running a GigaPC into a Mac. I can use Wormhole to do the audio transfer over ethernet; all I really need is for GS3 to "think" there's a GSIF card attached so that it doesn't pre-emptively boot into Rewire mode.
    Unfortunately I don't know anything about Wormhole, so I can't really help. What it ought to do is provide some sort of audio bridge that will fool GS. What happens if you let GS go into Rewire mode and then make the alterations in the settings (and also stop the rewire thing in future).

D

You can shut off rewire mode inside of GS in the hardware part!
    But ya you'd need virtual drivers of some sort

Mike did you ever get this going??
    I too am planning for a Mac (logic) to pc ethernet connection with no midi or soundcard if possible.
    Thnaks

Go Back to forum