• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Garritan Choir

Share/Bookmark

Smile Garritan Choir

Hello,

I would like to know if a Garritan Choir will appear soon ?
    I use Finale 2006 with GPO full : great !
    But I would like to add choirs to my scores, and sure that Garritan would do it great !

Thanks.

Re: Garritan Choir

I am writing from the future [makes future-like sound effect] -- when the Garritan Mega Choir is already out.

You're really going to love it...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I am writing from the future [makes future-like sound effect] -- when the Garritan Mega Choir is already out.

You're really going to love it...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    etLux,

When you took your DeLorean Back to the Future was Newmusikboy happy? Was Styxx a flexitone star? And DPDan sought after by every pop idol for engineering? And MovieMaestro more popular than John Williams? Jamie a huge success? Jonny scoring blockbusters? And what about the buff and witty etLux?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    etLux,

When you took your DeLorean Back to the Future was Newmusikboy happy? Was Styxx a flexitone star? And DPDan sought after by every pop idol to do mastering? And MovieMaestro more popular than John Williams? Jamie a huge success? Jonny scoring blockbusters? And what about the buff and witty etLux?
    A fundamental law of physics prevents happiness and NMB from existing within the same cosmos.

All the rest of your suspections have come true, however... with the exception that the real truth about etLux has been discovered.

Sad, very sad. We all thought so much of him, especially himself.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by francois.zawadzki
    I would like to know if a Garritan Choir will appear soon ?I use Finale 2006 with GPO full : great !
    But I would like to add choirs to my scores, and sure that Garritan would do it great !

Let's discuss this. What would you like to see in a Choir package? If you could have the ultimate heavenly choir collection, what would you like to see? Sections or Ensemble building? Wordbuilding (EW) or vocoder (Roland)? Traditional choir or non-traditional? Large or small choirs? or both?

Let's dream a little and discuss what the ultimate library can be.

Gary Garritan

The ideal Garritan Choir would be soon!

Since I use GPO for notation programs (specifically, I'm using it with Sib 3), I'm often forced to pick an instrument for my choral parts--a poor substitute, as you might imagine.
    I will give some more thought to specifics and then post again.

Cool Re: Garritan Choir

Let's discuss this. What would you like to see in a Choir package? If you could have the ultimate heavenly choir collection, what would you like to see? Sections or Ensemble building? Wordbuilding (EW) or vocoder (Roland)? Traditional choir or non-traditional? Large or small choirs? or both?

Let's dream a little and discuss what the ultimate library can be.

Gary Garritan
    Chamber choir is more rare, after VOTA and EWQLSC (before Frank make his Voci at least...;-))

Wordbuilding is a must for the libraries of the future: the phonems synthesis via phisical modeling is still horrible today (listen to Vocaloid). If technology doesn't improve, the EW approach is the best.

To be different:
    First: Ensamble maker, Second: Ensamble maker,

Third: Less traditional choir singing style (beside classical, pop, soul). But what about sampling sessions, time and cost? Focus on just one with the core engine, then release samples updates later, style by style (like GPO, Jabb, GPOA etc.)

BE CAREFULL! I told the same to Frank, race is open?

Just kidding, I love you both, I hope you both successful quickly with choir libraries also.

I want soli. I want choirs.

I want it to respond in Finale like the GPO instruments do. That's particularly important -- so they work well and consistently with GPO.

And I want it to read and reasonably correctly interpret the words/lyrics directly from the Finale score without requiring degrees in linguistics, acoustics, engineering, philosophy, astrology and prestidigitation like Symphonic Choirs does... lol.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

What would you like to see in a Choir package?
    I would like to be able to mock up:

1. Gospel
    2. Jazz scat - including at least one gravelly male & female voice - a la Louis and Ella
    3. Classic Dance Band group vocal backings

But then I am a bit of a jazzer
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum