• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 sound cuts out

Share/Bookmark

Question K2 sound cuts out

Does this happen to anyone else?
    I run K2 using DP 4.61 as the host. If I run DFD I get drop outs in my track but if I switch to Sampler, if runs fine. I thought DFD in theory should run smoother and the reverse would be true. Any thoughts?
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Re: K2 sound cuts out

You might want to check how much RAM you have dedicated to DFD (Options/DFD). Try raising it to see if it makes any difference.

Best,
    Nils

Thanks Nils,
    While I have done that I'll work with it some more. Since I have an older Mac with a processor upgrade, maybe my bus speed is to slow.
    Possible?
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Thumbs down Re: K2 sound cuts out

Yes, that's the first problem when I loaded an instrument and tried to play with my keboard. Not even recording just using as a stand alone. This K2 has me so freaking MAD ..........!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Yes, that's the first problem when I loaded an instrument and tried to play with my keboard. Not even recording just using as a stand alone. This K2 has me so freaking MAD ..........!
    Ja, ja, same here.
    That's why I switched back to GS3.
    Sometimes I start K2, look at all the nice knobs - and then I close it.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    Ja, ja, same here.
    That's why I switched back to GS3.
    Sometimes I start K2, look at all the nice knobs - and then I close it.

:-) Jovan
    Edit.I'm not going to break my normal crazy personality over this. After reading more on this I fear the problem with dropouts is not enough processor speed / power what ever. Maybe, who knows?
    Styxx

DFD is fairly CPU intensive. I see you're running on a G3 w/G4 upgrade. This could be the bottleneck. Also, I'm guessing that since your machine is a G3, you're probably using the much older ATA/66 hard drive technology, which is another bottleneck (your hard drive is performing much slower than modern hard drives).

You can try messing with DFD settings, but unfortunately, I think you may be up to the limit of your present computer's power.

Go Back to forum