• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Kontakt 2 Large Address Aware?

Share/Bookmark

Is Kontakt 2 Large Address Aware?

I'm going to try to give Kontakt 2 another go over the next few weeks. I have not had much luck with it and have found it to be very unstable. However I am going to put it on its own machine and see if that helps. However, I would like to know whether or not it is LAA as this will help me decide how to set things up. Does anyone have any information, or will I have to visit the "official" nest of vipers, sorry forum :>)))

D

Re: Is Kontakt 2 Large Address Aware?

Hi Daryl,
    I haven't tried myself but it doesn't seem that way. Here's a post by Wolfgang, one of the Kontakt developers:
    [...]So Kontakt has a max. 2GB at it's disposal. Plus there is memory fragmentation and organizational overhead, so the real amount of usable memory is significantly below that border. One has to be clear that this has nothing to do with the amount of physical memory plugged into the machine: even if you have 32 GB physical RAM, you will not be able to use more than two GB per single process. Nonetheless, there are ways to push that border 1GB up, so Windows reserves only 1GB for itself and leaves 3GB for a user process. This requires a modification in the startup INI file. But I guess 2GB will be sufficient for almost all cases if DFD is being used.
    Btw. are you DG from the VSL forums?

Best,
    Nils

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Hi Daryl,
    I haven't tried myself but it doesn't seem that way. Here's a post by Wolfgang, one of the Kontakt developers:
    OK I'll check that out. If not, then I'll try multiple instances.
    Yes...

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Yes...
    Just wondered since I saw the similar discussion over there, and it's always nice to see more experienced users (to which I don't count myself) of orchestral libs trying this platform. I hope you'll get those stability issues sorted.

Just wondered since I saw the similar discussion over there, and it's always nice to see more experienced users (to which I don't count myself) of orchestral libs trying this platform. I hope you'll get those stability issues sorted.
    Well I'm hoping that once I get it on it's own machine then things will be easier. I actually avoid using certain libraries just because they are locked into Kontakt (or Kompakt). Not a good state affairs...

D

Go Back to forum