• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I'm not so happy tonight.

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy I'm not so happy tonight.

I received K2 today and tried to install it. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper tonight. I don't understand all the pop up warnings and why it completely over boundaries my monitors! I can't get it to fit where I can see the full window. There's no way to grab and size the dang thing! All I have is 15" viewable monitors and the bottom of the player is beyond the bottom of the screens and the sides are chopped off! Makes for a real delightful experience. Plus, I installed SSV on my D drive and K2 insists it's not there.
    Gary, I'm beginning to believe you are right... bad Karma.
    Styxx

Re: I'm not so happy tonight.

Hmm ... no idea about K2, sorry. I had a quick look into their knowledge base but did not find much. A few items about GPO though. Best would be to contact their support.

Good luck
    Hannes

Hey Bro!

Go to the "View" menu (upper middle) and select "normal size" if it is not already set to that. If it's still too big, go to the "options" menu. Select the "interface tab". Here you can set exactly the number of pixels you want it to be for each for each size (normal, mid size, big size). It will work boss!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Hey Bro!

Go to the "View" menu (upper middle) and select "normal size" if it is not already set to that. If it's still too big, go to the "options" menu. Select the "interface tab". Here you can set exactly the number of pixels you want it to be for each for each size (normal, mid size, big size). It will work boss!

Ah, I see ... I tried the "View" menu and it was indeed set to "screw u view" we're not going to budge!
    The interface I will try tonight.
    Thanks loads Brian!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Ah, I see ... I tried the "View" menu and it was indeed set to "screw u view" we're not going to budge!
    The interface I will try tonight.
    Thanks loads Brian!
    Get the DVD trainer for K2. It's about $40 I think.

$49.95. I found out I also need a better keyboard controller and an expression pedal to run the Strad. I can't afford all this right now. I am thinking of selling K2 upgrade and throwing in the Strad. I did not register K2 so it shouldn't be a problem. If I can get what I paid for it, I will wait until the Strad comes out with it's own bundled player. If not, I’ll just uninstall and self both until whenever.
    There are times when I wish I were Irish! No kidding.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    $49.95. I found out I also need a better keyboard controller and an expression pedal to run the Strad. I can't afford all this right now. I am thinking of selling K2 upgrade and throwing in the Strad. I did not register K2 so it shouldn't be a problem. If I can get what I paid for it, I will wait until the Strad comes out with it's own bundled player. If not, I’ll just uninstall and self both until whenever.
    There are times when I wish I were Irish! No kidding.
    Don't forget that I think you can get K2 on an upgrade price if you already have something that uses say Kompakt - i.e. something that came bundled with Kompakt as it's player. So I would keep the K2 in this instance if I were you and just wait and save up for whatever. You don't need to be a K2 power user either - just load up and play. We're not talking about loads of money here are we. Hahaha! Look at it in the light of another day.

You wish you were Irish?

I see.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    You wish you were Irish?

I see.

Just an expression. Ever since I could remember people here would say, "He has the luck of the Irish." I always considered it just a way of saying you are full of luck. Didn't mean to disrespect.
    Thanks for your advice!
    Styxx

Angry Re: I'm not so happy tonight.

I still can't get this thing to fit!
    Styxx

I'm fairly new to Kontakt2 myself but I'll take a stab at this. In the header bar at the top right, there are buttons named Browser, Outputs, Keyboard,
    and Master Kontrol. Below them there are four more buttons named Load/Save, Options, Purge, and View. When you click on View, you should see three sizes to choose from, normal, bigger, and large. You can select one with a mouse click. Then, if you click on the options button to the left, you should select "interface" and you should see three size boxes with dimensions for how wide and how high you want the interface to be. If you pause your mouse pointer by the right side of one of the dimensions you will see little up and down arrows, which you can click on until you get the interface adjusted to your preference. You can also click/hold up on the title bar and drag the whole interface. Hope this will help you, don't give up yet!
    Regards, John

Go Back to forum