• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I need help

Share/Bookmark

I need help

I need help. Like personal help. Like my life is in a rut and I need some advice for how to get out of this rut. The rut I'm in is that I can't stop eating these damn girl scout cookies. I mean.. c'mon..they should be outlawed...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Re: I need help

My daughter didn't rejoin scouts this year so I didn't get to order any !
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

The first step is to honestly admit to yourself and to others that you are powerless in the face of Girl Scout cookies...

And remember, you're not alone. Others have the same problem. GSCA (Girl Scout Cookies Anonymous) stands ready to help!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    The first step is to honestly admit to yourself and to others that you are powerless in the face of Girl Scout cookies...

And remember, you're not alone. Others have the same problem. GSCA (Girl Scout Cookies Anonymous) stands ready to help!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Really now, has GSCA really helped anyone?

Resistance really is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbryson1
    Really now, has GSCA really helped anyone?
    I cannot but protest a comment that so clearly bespeaks an unenlightened attitude toward the treatment of the growing problem of Girl Scout cookie addiction.

Some have tried hypnosis. Others abstinence. Severe cases have even resorted to shock therapy...

But in the end, only GSCA has had true success. Even real live movie stars have gone to GCSA meetings...so you just *know* it's the right solution...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I cannot but protest a comment that so clearly bespeaks an unenlightened attitude toward the treatment of the growing problem of Girl Scout cookie addiction.

Some have tried hypnosis. Others abstinence. Severe cases have even resorted to shock therapy...

But in the end, only GSCA has had true success. Even real live movie stars have gone to GCSA meetings...so you just *know* it's the right solution...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Variation on the Hair of the dog...when I polish off a box of thin mints at night before retiring, I simply start the next day with a box of Lemon Creams. The dark and light offset one another...
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Ah, I fear I spoke rashly. Having tried all the other methods you listed I just assumed that nothing could work. Luckily it will not have been the first unelightened comment I have ever made.

I could try GSCA, I suppose, but don't I have to *want* to quit?

On second thought, I can quit any time I want.
    No, really.

Jon

You do not have an addiction. You have a dysfunctional relationship with calories.

Calories are our friends, or should be. They give us energy, allowing us to run around and be warmer than our surroundings. The availability of concentrated calories, like those cookies, allows us a lifestyle quite different from those enjoyed by the plant kingdom. But now, many people don't like calories. If YOU were a calorie, how would you feel if you were eaten by someone who doesn't respect you? And how would you behave? Exactly.

A dysfunctional relationship doesn't turn into a healthy one overnight, but it doesn't take long. Start taking your calories out; do interesting things with them. Plan activities that require calories. Soon, when you see those boxes of cookies, you might think of how many miles you can snowshoe with them, and be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbryson1
    On second thought, I can quit any time I want.

No, really.

Jon
    Jon, my friend, take it from one who knows...

That's classic avoidance.

I thought the same way when I had that little problem with sheep.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Jon, my friend, take it from one who knows...

That's classic avoidance.

I thought the same way when I had that little problem with sheep.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Cognac and Cigars.

Sustenance for real men. (and certain types of women.)

Regards,

Alex.

Go Back to forum