• Register
  • Help

Topic: 25% OFF Bardstown Audio Sampled Instruments!

Share/Bookmark

25% OFF Bardstown Audio Sampled Instruments!

Due to running low on CD/DVD inserts and packaging for most of our sampled instrument products and considering it will be a week to ten days before we get a new shipment from our supplier, we are accommodating customers by offering 25% OFF on all of our sampled instrument products through March 31, 2006. During this 25% OFF sale period, all Bardstown Audio sampled instrument products including the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290, THE BASS, Classic Accordions, and Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos, will be sold and delivered on our usual thermal printed DVD's and CD's but without the packaging and CD/DVD cover inserts.

To place orders, US and Canadian customers may call us toll free at 800-814-0820 and customers outside of the US and Canada can provide us with their telephone numbers by email and we will call at our telephone expense so that secure credit card orders may be placed over the telephone. Secure orders can also be placed by sending a fax to our fax machine in the US at 502-331-0339 and providing us with products ordered, shipping addresses, and credit card information.

All Bardstown Audio sampled instrument products are of the very highest quality, and to this day a large majority of people consider the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290 to be by far the best sounding and most playable sampled piano in the world out of over 100 sampled pianos that are available.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    Bardstown, Kentucky USA
    www.BardstownAudio.com

Re: 25% OFF Bardstown Audio Sampled Instruments!

Quote Originally Posted by Bardstown Audio
    to this day a large majority of people consider the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290 to be by far the best sounding and most playable sampled piano in the world out of over 100 sampled pianos that are available.
    I highly doubt that more than 3 billion people even know what a real Bosendorfer is...
    I have no doubts that your piano library is indeed a fine product but I'd prefer if developers wouldn't bring up arbitrary assertions out of thin air and stick a little bit more to provable facts.

Thanks,
    NothanUmber

Quote Originally Posted by the Bardstown Audio Website:
    Many other current sampled pianos claiming to have eight to sixteen velocity layers have been produced by only sample recording two or three actual velocity layers, and then applying low pass filtering onto those samples in order to produce up to sixteen "fake" velocity layers.
    Just a friendly note to let you know that the above statement on the Bardstown website does not apply on the PMI sampled pianos. Our Hyrbid pianos have 20 recorded velocity layers, the Old Lady has 10 recorded velocity layers pedal up and 10 for pedal down, the EMPEROR has 12 recorded layers pedal up and 12 pedal down, the Yamaha C7 has 6 recorded layers pedal up and 6 pedal for down etc etc.
    I have no clue which pianos are the "many other current sampled pianos" that are mentioned but please note that this is not a factual statement about our pianos.

Apart from this note I also want to confirm that the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand is indeed an amazing sampled piano that sounds very good and deserves the qualification "superior" in every way. Kips dedication to quality and detail and his unconditional support for his customers is outstanding.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I think the problem may be that the Bardstown piano is a little long in the tooth (so that the assertions about faking levels are no longer true for more developers, including Post and Sampletekk). Also the costs of libraries has been coming down so much that even at 25% off it still seems steep.

Love the sound of the demos though.

Len

Kip, for what it's worth, if you offered downloadable banjos (separate from the guitars), I'd buy.
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Kip,
    Does THE BASS include any glisses, bends or slides?

Quote Originally Posted by jloeb
    Kip,
    Does THE BASS include any glisses, bends or slides?
    There are no glisses or slides on the bass. These kind of articulations are impossible to emulate with any accuracy in samples where they would sound like a real bass musician, because real bass musicians play glisses and slides differently depending on the tempo and style of music they are playing. It has always been my philosophy to stick with samples and solid articulations that are convincingly real. There are release note off samples that capture the sound of the finger coming off of the fingerboard, which adds a great deal of realism to THE BASS. I have the pitch bend wheel programmed to control the volume of the release note off samples. The pitch bend wheel can be selected and designated by the user for pitch bend in the sampler editor, rather than for release note off volume.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

I'd be interested in separate banjos too.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    I'd be interested in separate banjos too.

steve
    Any separate banjo?
    Recently bought this one for a few bucks:

http://www.frontporchband.com/

I'm not affiliated, I just like its sound and playability very much. I'll gladly try Kip's Banjos as well.

Christian

Hello Gentlemen,

Considering the Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos are currently 25% off through the end of the month, this would be a good time to purchase them. I've had quite a few customers who have purchased this library who were wanting just the banjos, but after they played around with the acoustic and electric archtop jazz guitars that are also included, they were amazed at how realistic and extremely useful they are, and also commented on the release note off samples which adds a great deal of character to these instruments by providing the sound of the finger coming off of the fingerboard.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum