• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: K2 Tutorial

Share/Bookmark

Question K2 Tutorial

I posted this in the Kontakt forum but no response, so I figured I would try here.
    Has anyone used either the K2 or Absynth tutorial DVD? Just wanted to know if one or both may be worth the money spent.
    Truth be told the RMX tutorial series is by far the leader in the clubhouse. Both in terms of useful info and great customer service. Kudos to Eric.
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Re: K2 Tutorial

I would love to know about k2 tutorial too

Arrow Re: K2 Tutorial

I have the Absynth dvd. Besides having a bad copy (DVD won't read on several DVD-roms), it is actually pretty good. They pretty much outline everything in Absynth. I would recommend it as it will definitely speed up the learning process of Absynth in order to create your own patches. Just hope you get a good print!

Since they did a good job with Absynth, I assume Kontakt should be pretty good.

I just received it, but have yet to have time to try it. I'll let you know...

Funny,

My Kontakt 2 did not come with a tutorial DVD. However, I purchased the UPGRADE from 1.0.

Mike

It's a separate product which was just released. Bill, let us know what you think of it.

Anyone else think these things should be provide free with the product? I was very upset to spend $40 on the VSL DVD, which was more of an advertisement than a tutorial.

Lets hope this is different.

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    Anyone else think these things should be provide free with the product? I was very upset to spend $40 on the VSL DVD, which was more of an advertisement than a tutorial.

Lets hope this is different.

I agree with you on this one. VSL was one of the worst tutorials I ever purchased. Especially when compared to the great free tutorials from Spectrasonics!

Peace

rikp

Post Re: K2 Tutorial

I think that tutorial dvd's should be part of the product at the time of purchace. When you need to use a complex piece of software in a professional situation these would shorten the learning curve greatly. A printed manual is great but only up to a point. We didn't learn to play our respective instruments from a book, we took lessons, watched, listened to and emulated great players. Theoretical material can come from books but the magic is from the senses. Since the software we use can be perceived as instruments, why not learn to use them in the same way.
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

I understand that there are expenses involved with duplicating DVDs and developers rather try to sell their tutorials but downloadable clips like the ones for Stylus RMX are a viable option. Spectrasonics has spoiled us with their great free tutorials but let's not tell them so that they won't change their policies.

Go Back to forum