• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Topic: SampleTekk piano updates

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    SampleTekk piano updates

    Due to a stupid mistake, some samples had a different volume then others in the Kontakt version of some of our pianos. I'm working on the updated versions and you can D/L the TBO fixes here: http://www.sampletekk.com/updates/TBOVolumeFix.rar

    Other updates will follow shortly
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    349

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Ahah! That's more like it!
    Vast improvement overall. Thanks, Worra, for these updates
    (and Happy Birthday!)

  3. #3

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Great, thanks for the update.
    Btw. the update contains a new file - TBO 1 PU PSR.nki - maybe you included that by mistake... (you might want to check that script license)

  4. #4

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Hi Worra,

    Thanks for the update. I notice that you haven't updated any of the "Multis". Are they ok or do we need to rebuild them ourselves?

    Paul.
    System: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+, 4Gb RAM, Windows XP Pro
    Hard Drives: 320Gb, 3 x 300Gb, 500Gb
    Soundcard: M-Audio Audiophile 192
    Host: Cubase 4.5.2

  5. #5

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    This update really made a big difference. Much recommended for all TBO/K2 users!

    Slightly OT, but I found that Black Grand Close triggers release samples for pedal down groups while TBO doesn't. Is there any reason for this difference?
    I don't know how this is normally solved with piano libraries, but to me the TBO way of doing it seems to sound better.
    Btw. Worra, will there be a volume fix for the Black Grand as well or is it unaffected?

    Best,
    Nils

  6. #6

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    This update really made a big difference. Much recommended for all TBO/K2 users!

    Slightly OT, but I found that Black Grand Close triggers release samples for pedal down groups while TBO doesn't. Is there any reason for this difference?
    I don't know how this is normally solved with piano libraries, but to me the TBO way of doing it seems to sound better.
    Btw. Worra, will there be a volume fix for the Black Grand as well or is it unaffected?

    Best,
    Nils
    The release samples should not be triggered for pedal down. Easily fixed. I'll take care of that at the same time as I fix the volume issue for the Black Grand
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  7. #7

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    The release samples should not be triggered for pedal down. Easily fixed. I'll take care of that at the same time as I fix the volume issue for the Black Grand
    Looking forward to the update. Might make the Black Grand even better than it currently is.
    BTW: Happy birthday even if it´s one day too late. If you need some Aspirin, please tell me. I´ll mail it to you
    Raindog

    [img]http://www.sachsreport.com/aspirin%20wonder%20drugs%20don't%20come%20easy.jpg[/img]

  8. #8

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    Looking forward to the update. Might make the Black Grand even better than it currently is.
    BTW: Happy birthday even if it´s one day too late. If you need some Aspirin, please tell me. I´ll mail it to you
    Raindog

    [img]http://www.sachsreport.com/aspirin%20wonder%20drugs%20don't%20come%20easy.jpg[/img]

    He, he.... the day after and I'm up and running! Never been older in my life......
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  9. #9

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    The release samples should not be triggered for pedal down. Easily fixed. I'll take care of that at the same time as I fix the volume issue for the Black Grand
    Great Worra. This problem was serious enough to make me turn away from Black Grand for a while. Now that the nature of the problem is known I'm glad that I'm going to be able to play this beautiful instrument again without having to worry.

    However, this might not be that easy to fix - the group start conditions are correct. It's possible that it's a Kontakt problem (I created a thread about it on the NI Forums). I experimented a little and found that separating groups with differents start conditions into two different instruments (pedal up and release in one, and pedal down in the other) fixes the problem. This also explains why TBO works without problems since it's already structured like that. I don't know if this is some kind of Kontakt2 bug (which wouldn't surprise me ), or that there is some kind of intercommunication between normal groups and release groups of the same instrument that I don't know of. Anyway, I've found no way of fixing it without having to resort to splitting things into several .nki files.

    Best,
    Nils

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    310

    Re: SampleTekk piano updates

    Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Black Grand Close triggers release samples for pedal down groups while TBO doesn't. Is there any reason for this difference?
    Yes and they are triggered quite unconsistently : it's another K2 conversion strange issue.
    With the same nki, K1 is not triggering release samples for PD groups.
    Putting release groups in a separate instrument (like for TBO) solve the pb.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •