• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: This one took a little longer - "Dance Of The Blessed Spirits"

Share/Bookmark

This one took a little longer - "Dance Of The Blessed Spirits"

I started on this Saturday morning. I took the piano accompaniment and orchestrated it - took about 3 hrs.

Then today I recorded my live flute along to the backing track. Another hour to record and 30 mins to get the mix as I wanted it.

Gluck's "Dance Of The Blessed Spirits":
    http://my-mp3s.music-4-schools.co.uk...ed_Spirits.mp3
    Cheerybye
    Jon

Re: This one took a little longer - "Dance Of The Blessed Spirits"

Jon,

great flute sound! And the Gluck is a great piece. The end was chopped off here.

It is amazing what can be done in short time if somebody knows his/her tools. It is very obvious there are folks here that know what they are doing. I wished I would be a little more ahead in my learning curve -- still very steep ...

Hannes

You certainly did a great job here. Very nice idea to play the live flûte there! The tempo seemed a little faster than usual?

Great work. (the file ended before the end of the music, perhaps you can check that)
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Great job on this, Jon!

Wonderful, the way the live flute goes so well with the GPO.

With Hannes comment, it really is amazing what a craftsman who knows his tools well can achieve, and fairly quickly.

My especial compliments on the tone, and the expression, you bring forth with your flute, Jon... really impressive and quite lovely.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

P.S.:
    This clipped for me at $:54, darn it!

Hi Louis, Hannes and David,

Thanks for comments!!! Much appreciated. Louis - yes, I like to take it a little faster than some. The Galway recording, in particular is too slow for my taste, but there's no denying his wonderful tone!
    Please note: the link above does indeed clip before the end. I've now uploaded the full version. Use the same link above.

Thanks everyone
    Jon

WOW!
    I'm impressed! Beautiful flute playing. Great chops man! The balance in the mix was excellent. I envy your ability to get such a sound and mix from the sampled orchestra and the live flute and in such a short time. I spend hours trying to achieve anything that resembles what you have done. My hat off to you and thanks for sharing this rendition of the Gluck with us.

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thumbs up Re: This one took a little longer - "Dance Of The Blessed Spirits"

That's AWESOME! LIVE FLUTE HOW EXCITING!! And man do you have command over your instrument! So glad you post this piece! WOW! Just plain WOW!
    Excellent mix, programming the stings, everything compliments your playing so beautifully! What a sound!
    God, I love this forum!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    The Galway recording, in particular is too slow for my taste, but there's no denying his wonderful tone!
    I agree, the man has a stunning tone, and the way he usually plays this piece is exactly to show off that tone. But my compliments for your tone! It's hard to record the flute, unless you're in a professional studio, and I must say you did an outstanding job. I've tried this many time before myself, but my live recordings just don't match the GPO audio quality, (I don't have a good microphone) so I've never tried something like you've done here. But it must be fun !
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

I have been banging the drum for Live/Samples hybrids for a while.
    This lovely rendition exemplifies, the results you can get.
    The power of the live instrument seems to transfer some of its magic to the sampled instruments, which as a consequence, sound "more real".

Beautiful flute playing Jon, a real pleasure.

regards Joe

Wow!

Fantastic work on the Flute performance! ( excellent audio quality!)

....it's interesting that although you may have spent considerably much more time with the background orchestration,... most comments are towards the live flute performance...

I guess it says allot for the human spirit!
    yet... Samples certainly are great to work with.

Terrific.!

~jeff

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast