• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Eb Clarinet

Share/Bookmark

Eb Clarinet

Hey!

I was wondering if someone knows about a Eb-clarinet sample? Which library contains that?

/Anders

Re: Eb Clarinet

Quote Originally Posted by andersniska
    Hey!

I was wondering if someone knows about a Eb-clarinet sample? Which library contains that?

/Anders
    almost every orchestral librrary!

GPO has one, so does VSL. Westgate is going to have one eventually, but we don't know exactly when.

EWQLSO does not have one.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    Westgate is going to have one eventually, but we don't know exactly when.
    Westgate already has one.

You're right, of course. I was thinking of the new Westgate series, not the woodwind collection that has been out for a few years. I should have been more clear.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I didn't want to nitpick. I like the sound of the Westgate Eb clarinet, so that's why I mentioned it

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersniska
    Hey!

/Anders
    Actually are you speaking of the Eb sopranino or the Eb alto? The alto is far more rare in sample libraries. One usually has to fake it with bass clarinet, even though it's not really the same timbre...Alto Clarinet is less reedy and has a lot more "honk."

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Actually are you speaking of the Eb sopranino or the Eb alto? The alto is far more rare in sample libraries. One usually has to fake it with bass clarinet, even though it's not really the same timbre...Alto Clarinet is less reedy and has a lot more "honk."
    The Eb alto is available at X sample. It's rare indeed but it is only used in wind band while the E flat one is usefull for both wind band and symphonic orhestra.
    BTW a reminder : don't buy the Donnie Christian Eb soprano unless you are looking for gosthly sounds (the instrument does not exist)

GPO has both the Eb Clarinet and the Eb Contra Alto (or Eb Contrabass which goes 7 semi-tones lower than a bass clarinet)

The Eb Clarinet is commonly refered to as the Eb Soprano clarinet. Soprano clarinets are the most familiar type of clarinet.

One website likens these clarinet instruments to "Band" Weapons of Mass Destruction
    "These are the most insidious and dangerous weapons of all. To the common layperson, they appear innocuous and non-lethal, but in the right hands, they present a threat of incalculable proportions. Please read the following and heed all precautions therewith.
    Eb CLARINET: The Eb clarinet is the Tasmanian Devil of the woodwind family. Entirely uncontrollable and unpredictable, its blunderbuss like emissions can occur without warning. It is as much a danger to its owner as it is to the intended victim. For this reason the Eb clarinet is not in wide use today and only used by highly trained professionals and circus band daredevils.

ALTO, BASS, CONTRA BASS CLARINET: The Scud missiles of the clarinet family. Considered low-grade weapons, these clarinets are of limited lethality due to the extreme geekiness of their operators. "

Quote Originally Posted by Sicmu
    The Eb alto is available at X sample. It's rare indeed but it is only used in wind band while the E flat one is usefull for both wind band and symphonic orhestra.
    There's a B flat clarinet and a Bass Clarinet from Xsample (but no E flat):
    http://www.xsample.de/english/index.htm

Also there is a Bassethorn but those aren't in E flat AFAIK.

Go Back to forum