• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Brass and Organ - Easter Hymn

Share/Bookmark

Brass and Organ - Easter Hymn

Here I sit, busy cranking out orchestrations for Easter Sunday, and I says to myself "Self, you oughtta share these with the folks at the Forum"

This is one more example of what a GREAT tool GPO/Finale is... I have some young players, and I can give them a CD with the music playing ALONG with their score, and they can practice it UP TO TEMPO!

http://evensongmusic.net/audio/EasterHymn.mp3

This is a "convertible" score - it is 3 tpts and 'bone, but it can be played as 2 tpt, 3 tpt, 1 tpt + 'bone, 2 tpt + 'bone...

These kind are a PAIN to write, but it makes it easier in the long run - I simply hand out parts based on how many players I can find!

(GPO Brass and organ)

Enjoy,

Smile Re: Brass and Organ - Easter Hymn

I like hymns, and organ and brass are a solemn support to this music.

Percussions (mainly crash cymbal) are a little un-balanced in the mix (but realistic: it sounds as played beside the organist and mics, very loud...;-)

Re: Brass and Organ - Easter Hymn

That is majestic and you did a very good job...except for the fact that your very loud crash cymbal is totally out of place and inappropriate. Also your timpani is several degrees too loud in my humble opinion.

Thanks for sharing your work with us. I hope that you are not offended by my candor. It is meant in the spirit of helpfulness.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    That is majestic and you did a very good job...except for the fact that your very loud crash cymbal is totally out of place and inappropriate. Also your timpani is several degrees too loud in my humble opinion.

Thanks for sharing your work with us. I hope that you are not offended by my candor. It is meant in the spirit of helpfulness.

Regards,

Larry A.
    No offense takem Lar!

I heartily concur - this was a quick render with no tweaks to the volume (although it is rather like the sound I hear at the console )

I usually let my cymbal player do these "ad ib" - she has much better taste than I do, it seems

Cheerio,

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    I like hymns, and organ and brass are a solemn support to this music.

Percussions (mainly crash cymbal) are a little un-balanced in the mix (but realistic: it sounds as played beside the organist and mics, very loud...;-)
    Heh...

as I said above, it was a quick mix

I have re-done the balance a bit, and I think it's much better now...

Cheerio,

Very nice arrangement! I liked it very much.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    I heartily concur - this was a quick render with no tweaks to the volume (although it is rather like the sound I hear at the console )

I usually let my cymbal player do these "ad ib" - she has much better taste than I do, it seems
    You should never let the cymbal player sit on the bench like that with you, Jonathan. People talk.

Nice job on this, even for a "rough cut" -- it does sound quite authentic, other than, as you said, perhaps tweaking balances and pans a touch.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Very nice arrangement! I liked it very much.
    Thanks, Louis!

I always appreciate comments from a fellow organist

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    You should never let the cymbal player sit on the bench like that with you, Jonathan. People talk.

Nice job on this, even for a "rough cut" -- it does sound quite authentic, other than, as you said, perhaps tweaking balances and pans a touch.
    Hee hee...

there's not ROOM on the bench for both of us - my ever-expanding fundament sees to that

<giggle>

One more of these to do, then we're ready to go for the big day

~ finds contemplating a four-foot-wide "fundament" too distressing to comment upon ~

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast