• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Walk In The Fog

Share/Bookmark

Walk In The Fog

Using JABB, GPO, Roland, Yamaha Piccolo snare, and GOS strings at end. Last Sunday was foggy. Sure, it's not anywhere the caliber of the rest but it's something. Thanks for listening.
    The strings are designed to lag behind like a fog mist.
    https://host218.ipowerweb.com:8087/w...lkInTheFog.mp3
    Styxx

Re: Walk In The Fog

That is a kick-butt bass and percussion! I like it Mikey except for the fact that it sounds like the background for a melody that isn't there. It cries out for a nice melody that isn't rhythmical like the background beat. Sustained quarter notes and half notes maybe. A melody...a melody!

Other than that, you did a great job. It has pulsing power. Thanks for sharing.

Old Lar'
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I am genuinely honored Larry for you to hear my piece! Yeah, you know I just couldn't come up with anything melody wise for some dang blasted reason. Aside of having no brain power.
    Thanks so much for listening Larry I really do respect and appreciate your comments.
    Now, thanks ... I'll be sitting here all night trying to come up with something meaningful.
    Styxx

This is gorgeous Styxx! This is really beautiful and your mixing is superb.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    This is gorgeous Styxx! This is really beautiful and your mixing is superb.
    Very very cool styxx! Nice to hear something different then orchestral using samples! Very good mix and piece!
    Robert Davis

Wow, Louis, Cantabile ... you two are too kind. I thank you very much. Do you think it need some sort of melody?
    Styxx

Wow, Mike! What a gorgeous production... silky smooth and rich and -- hell, it's just about perfect... lol.

And what are you talking about, "needs a melody"? It's got solid, engaging melodies twining all through it.

If you're hiding any more of material of this caliber somewhere, Mike, for heaven's sake, get it out here!

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wow!.....

This was fantastic.!!

..what do you mean by lack of melody?... it's got a great one!

I'm completely humbled by the rendering quality... you guys make your work sound so professional!.. so full and wide open.

I do however disagree with your title... there's nothing foggy/hazy about this piece... it's so clean....... like traveling through a bright sunny day!

Great work Michael

.. and i agree... if you have more of these hidden treasures laying around... For God's Sake...Post them!!!

~jeff

Thanks so much but really ... ?
    I received a few emails wondering what I used.
    Use of JABB Fretless bass 1, Vibraphone Hard Mallet with vibrato, Vibraphone soft mallet no vibrato, GM Drum kit with Roland 808 mix played using Roland SPD 20 percussion pad, Yamaha piccolo snare, GPO Vlns 1 sus short agr, viola 1 short agr, Cello 3 solo, background strings are GPO full strings 1 sus short agr, full viola 1 sus shrt agr, JABB Steinway, GOS lite (less filling sounds great) at end strings, and some pickles. Mixed down to audio all of the GM sounds, the 808, and piccolo snare. Then, I imported to Cubase and added in GPO, JABB, and GOS sounds along with the pickles.
    Oh, heck ... Sorry Gary I forgot to mention the harp panned extremely back and forth. That's your harp sir but I don't remember which I used.

Thanks so much for listening it means so much coming from members I do so admire!
    Pretty Shwanky, eh?
    Styxx

Styxx,

Good work. Melody schmelody! It grooves and it moves and its harpy and happy. I like it the way it is. You been keeping this stuff from us?!!

We want more Mr. Styxx.

Gary

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast