• Register
  • Help

Topic: Belated/BeEarly Christmas Tune

Share/Bookmark

Smile Belated/BeEarly Christmas Tune

Well, all this talk about Christmas made me revisit the pieces that I wrote to submit for the last Christmas album. We Three Kings was already spoken for and superbly arranged and orchestrated by MovieMaestro on the last album, but I thought I would post my rendition now to hear your critiques. I go into a variation of Jeannette Isabelle at the end. I kind of like how it worked out, but you can be the judge.

I tweaked it as much as my ear could stand to listen to it. It's still not perfect so your comments are welcome. Then I will be able to tweak again with a new ear.

Thanks for your time.

Best,
    Paula

http://ia300024.us.archive.org/1/ite...e/We3Kings.mp3
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Re: Belated/BeEarly Christmas Tune

Paula, some fine and inventive work in this arrangement!

Beautifully done -- I was quite impressed with some of the dialogue and countrapuntal writing.

I would agree perhaps the mix and sound treatment could be improved a bit -- but, of course, I'm not the best person to talk about such things... lol.

This is definitely a "keeper", though, Paula. If anything, I would suggest expanding it a bit -- you've got plenty of fine material to work with!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you for your kind comments! I was in meetings all morning and was feeling rather worn, so you brightened my day.

I am not sure what's missing in the sound presentation for this. Too thick maybe? It doesn't quite have the "spatial" aspect I want yet? Too much reverb? Like I said, its still needs some tweaking, just not sure which direction. I guess I'll know it when I hear it.

Thanks again.

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll
    Thank you for your kind comments! I was in meetings all morning and was feeling rather worn, so you brightened my day.

I am not sure what's missing in the sound presentation for this. Too thick maybe? It doesn't quite have the "spatial" aspect I want yet? Too much reverb? Like I said, its still needs some tweaking, just not sure which direction. I guess I'll know it when I hear it.

Thanks again.

~Paula
    As I said, I'm perhaps not the best person to speak on these matters.

If I get anything right, it's generally sheerly by accident... lol.

Perhaps one of our more technically astute members can pitch in, here, with some suggestions!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Simply beautiful arrangement. I love the WWs in this. You did an outstanding arrangement. As for the mix: to my taste the reverb is spot on. You could perhaps get some more intense expression from the strings, especially the intro. Such lovely low strings there !

Great job!
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

I like the mix and the orchestration is very good. Thanks for sharing this with us Paula.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Thanks for listening guys! I really appreciate your kind remarks. I think that you're right Louis about the low strings in the beginning. I will look to see if I can make them more intense by adding a couple more solo inst. to the basses and see if that works to give it more of an edge in the beginning.

Thanks again!
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Go Back to forum