• Register
  • Help

Topic: Horror Story

Share/Bookmark

Horror Story

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...0_UK-TRIAL.xml

8 men started off - 2 of them were given placebos. The 2 guys that were given placebos are lucky because it was a random thing. They then watched the 6 other guys after only a couple minutes of receiving one injection.

Horrendous.

Re: Horror Story

Paul,

The story is no longer available, so I have only a vague idea what happened. If you can still access it copy the text into a post.

It's still there, I was just able to read it. Horrendous is right. I hope those poor guys recover, but it doesn't sound too promising.

I don't know much about the legal system in the UK, but if this were to occur in the states, lawyers everywhere would be sharpening their knives.

Link still works for me.

Yes, another example of the dangers of socialized medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by pantonality
    Paul,

The story is no longer available, so I have only a vague idea what happened. If you can still access it copy the text into a post.
    After about 3 minutes they started complaining of headaches - and then started to literally rip their clothes from themselves. Delirium was setting in fast. The drug company obviously had to get the ambulances in very quickly. Massive organ failure apparently.
    The drug was a leukemia testing thing - and maybe inflammation too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Dorsch
    I don't know much about the legal system in the UK, but if this were to occur in the states, lawyers everywhere would be sharpening their knives.
    It's an American drug company and the solicitors have moved in.

Paralex is not a "drug" company. They are a medical research and services contractor who was hired by the pharmcuetical company (a German firm who made the drugs), to organize and run the trials. Paralex, however, is responsible for following EU protocals/rules/regs in running those trials (if any were not followed). It's not clear at this point, if the problems were associated with how the trials were run, the drugs themselves, or whether lax legislation/rules were invovled. (or combo of all of the above).

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    It's not clear at this point, if the problems were associated with how the trials were run, the drugs themselves, or whether lax legislation/rules were invovled. (or combo of all of the above).
    I would probably have my mortgage on 'the drugs'.

I will never test medication again.....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    I would probably have my mortgage on 'the drugs'.

Then it would be the German pharmacuetical company holding the bag.

Go Back to forum