• Register
  • Help

Topic: Having trouble getting V-stack to sync to 2nd Pc and Pro Tools, any advice?

Share/Bookmark

Having trouble getting V-stack to sync to 2nd Pc and Pro Tools, any advice?

Recently added a second PC for Giga only. So I am attempting to setup my original PC for VST only with V-stack. I did not seem to have problems with sync with only one PC. But now I am having them.

V-stack will not sync at 48K to pro tools and the other PC. I have word clock going from a Rosetta 200 to the 1st PC then to the 2nd PC and then to Pro Tools on a MAC.

Kontakt2 works stand alone at 48k with no sync problems, but when host it by V-stack, for some reason the V-stack PC switches back to 41K. Then of course it is out of tune with eveything else.

Is there a better vst host for sync than V-stack. Or, is there something I can do to fix my current setup. I am at the end of a project and I really need to find a fast solution.

Thanks as always,

Santo

Re: Having trouble getting V-stack to sync to 2nd Pc and Pro Tools, any advice?

Have you tryed to set V-Satck to 48khz without any sync?
    Could you use some analog outputs and run V-Stack without sync?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

I am using the digital outputs from the cards in both PC's into protools. That way I am bypassing any conversion from the sound cards or pro tools for that matter. That is how I did it with one PC.

If you can not sync V-Stack, is there another host program that will sync? I think I have to stick with digital outputs from the cards for the best audio quality.

Thanks for getting back,

Santo

I also thought it might be the drivers for the card. But if it was, why would Kontakt work in stand alone mode?

Just another thought.

Thanks,
    Santo

Go Back to forum