• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Does Gary Garritan really exist ...

Share/Bookmark

Talking Does Gary Garritan really exist ...

or is that just a sample developing under that hat? I'll bet he's hard at work with something new or redeveloped just like Thomas Edison with the phonograph or the light bulb. Not many people know Edison was responsible for all that jive cosmic debris your using in your studios right now. Heck, if it weren't for guys like Edison, we would still be walking around in the dark. Kind of like downtown Buffalo ya might say.
    Hemingway, just thought I would let you all know Gary is real and he is right now developing as we speak or write this nonsense!
    Then again, there's always Tom. Tom is like Edison in so much as he is always messing with the fiber of every sample until he stumbles upon the one that supports best. Nice work Tom. We all appreciate the hard work and devotion you put into ever sample while Gary sits around brewing his Starbucks.
    By the way ... If you all continue to read this you will loose precious time on your musical compositions!
    So, "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"
    We haven't answered the initial question ... who the heck is STYXX?
    Styxx

Re: Does Gary Garritan really exist ...

I sample SECOND Styxx! Can't say it any better.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

"I write therefore I am."

Styxx is as real as the note on the page...of course, if a score is in the woods and no one is there to hear it...does it make a sound?

OOOOhhhh...deep.....uuurrrggg! there goes the brain spasm again...<<<drool>>>
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

One four letter word....

GPOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Then again, there's always Tom.
    There is no "Tom." "Tom" is conjecture unsupported by reputable scientific corroboration. In other words, the concept of "Tom" is one of those vicious rumors that, once promulgated, becomes almost impossible to expunge from the popular mythology. Try not to think about it; go about your business. Move along.

CSIPS (Committee for the Scientific Investigation of the Patently Silly)

Huh? .....

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Huh? .....
    See added quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    See added quote.
    Well, yes, of course I can see it...

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Well, yes, of course I can see it...
    Not so "of course" - the quote was omitted in my original post - so no context for the absurdity. Now, if you want my post explained I'll need to direct you to the appropriate government agency and you'll need to fill out all of the necessary paperwork in triplicate. But they do give out free candy bars when you turn the paperwork in! I know, I know, I'm just digging a deeper hole (said Alice.)

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Not so "of course" - the quote was omitted in my original post - so no context for the absurdity. Now, if you want my post explained I'll need to direct you to the appropriate government agency and you'll need to fill out all of the necessary paperwork in triplicate. But they do give out free candy bars when you turn the paperwork in! I know, I know, I'm just digging a deeper hole (said Alice.)

Tom
    Rest assured, Tom, I understand every bit of this with perfect clarity.

Plainly, the difficulty arising here is as a result of a misunderstanding on your part. Diagnostically, it's obvious that you neither recollect nor foresee any of the idiopathically engendered resonances implicit in the utilization of chronologically dyssynchronous disquisition of your axiologically bankrupt syllogisms -- at least not in so far as authenticity in their Aristotlean significance and provenance can be authoritatively demonstrable by judicious cirumspection.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

It all depends on what the word "is" means...

Go Back to forum