• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT - What's it like where you are?

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation OT - What's it like where you are?

Just for grins. Take me away if for even one brief moment from this insanity! I just learned something today of a new student that extremely troubles and racks me nerves. So, I need severe distraction to take my mind off of worry about my back.
    Hey, anyone have a picture of Fire Marshall Bill Burns? Anything will do. Tell me what its like where you live. Yes? No? Ezz maybe? Not? Yes?
    But PLEASE! Don't show me your briefs!
    Styxx

Re: OT - What's it like where you are?

Here in sunny Albuquerque it's strictly red or green.

Now it's up to you to figure out what that means.

Jon

Tri-Cities, WA... None of them are really 'cities', as I've thought of them. They're each like one of Buffalo's larger suburbs, sort of in the vein of West Seneca or Depew or maybe Hamburg.

This is the dry part of Washington state, and I really like that. It gets very hot in the summer, but not humid, so if you catch some shade or a nice fan you're okay. Hardly any winter to speak of, though it gets a bit cold and there's a little snow now and then.

I was amazed shortly after moving here when I heard a news story on the radio that there was a $700,000 surplus in one of the local school district budgets, and they were wondering what to do with it. I was thinking, "Toto, we're not in Buffalo anymore!"
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by jcbryson1
    Here in sunny Albuquerque it's strictly red or green.

Now it's up to you to figure out what that means.

Jon
    Except possibly Red = Desert and Green = Grass, I have no clue. Albuquerque, five years ago I received an ad for a musical director's position in Albuquerque. Wife had better ideas.
    Styxx

What's it like where i am?
    Two foot deep in snow. A beautiful evening with a scarlet sun casting a gentle glow over a great civilisation. Chilly without being too cold. The flat's warm and inviting, with manuscript everywhere, books piled up and my little computer and keyboard giving the chance to write unhindered.
    THe ideas are coming thick and fast, and my russian symphony is slowly taking shape.
    Russian princesses continue to alight from trams outside my kitchen window, their beautiful features delicately flushed with the cold, the elegant enthusiam of their stride, determined, yet undeniably feminine. Their souls are indelibly founded in their country, yet bright with freedoms in speech, fashion, and indepnedence of choice.

Where am I?

Moscow,
    a fabulous city, bursting with progress, history, culture, warmth, friendship, and rich with song and soul, resonant with the wonderful sounds of unforgotten and deeply cherished slavic, baltic, and siberian musical creation.

Regards,

Alex.

Thumbs up Re: OT - What's it like where you are?

Alex, we should all be thankful that the cold war ended the way it did and not how we feared in our youths (or my youth = DUCK AND COVER!)
    Thanks for giving me a nice picture of Moscow! Just like I was there even for a moment. Cool, exactly what I need!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    Tri-Cities, WA... None of them are really 'cities', as I've thought of them. They're each like one of Buffalo's larger suburbs, sort of in the vein of West Seneca or Depew or maybe Hamburg.

This is the dry part of Washington state, and I really like that. It gets very hot in the summer, but not humid, so if you catch some shade or a nice fan you're okay. Hardly any winter to speak of, though it gets a bit cold and there's a little snow now and then.

I was amazed shortly after moving here when I heard a news story on the radio that there was a $700,000 surplus in one of the local school district budgets, and they were wondering what to do with it. I was thinking, "Toto, we're not in Buffalo anymore!"
    Eric, You were the first person I met in person from this forum and I am thankful! When you told me about your move to Walla Walla Washington I was very happy for you and your wife! The misses and I had a chance to see you perform at one of the local coffee houses and were totally impressed! We still play your CD's from time to time.
    I am happy to see life has given you the opportunity to be happy and thrive as a musician. You deserve it bud!
    An wow! Your family looks beautiful! Must agree with you all.
    Thanks for sharing and taking me away for a bit.
    Styxx

Italy! Where are my Italian maestros? Since I would rather see Italy than go to Disney World and can't do either ... How about some picturesque descriptions from our Italian friends? Yes?

How about Japan! There's a beautiful country for you. And, the U.K, Australia, Iceland, Canada (me buddies), France, Germany, Austria, EVERYWHERE! Come on people this is our world let's here from you!

The Man's Nuts ... GRAB 'EM!
    Styxx

Rainy here today. I have 7 feet of snow on my front garden (down from 10 last week). My neighbour who is a little more thorough than I at snow clearing still has in excess of 12 feet of it on his front garden. It looks pretty white everywhere really.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Except possibly Red = Desert and Green = Grass, I have no clue. Albuquerque, five years ago I received an ad for a musical director's position in Albuquerque. Wife had better ideas.
    "Red or Green", it's what you'll get asked if you order at most any restarant here. It refers to red or green chile. I came from Tx where the word chile meant something else entirely, you know, meat and beans. Now that I've lived here a few years I can't imagine ever going without the NM stuff.

You could have lived here? Well, our loss your gain, vice versa, or something like that Albq takes getting used to, but I'm hooked.

Jon

Go Back to forum