• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    You have a great conductor their in JoAnn Falletta, She also plays one heck of a lute. Anyhow, she is hosting an international guitar competition from June 5th through 10th with your very own Beefalo Philharmonic. Since your Mom likes the classical guitar, It might not be a bad belated Mother's Day present for her if you would take her to some of this competition. I'd like to get up to see it myself, but I'm scheduled for a ... that week.

    Karl

  2. #2
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Karl, competitors come from all over the world for the opportunity and it does result in national recognition. I believe the auditions are closed and I am not sure how the run the competition. Thanks for reminding me I shall make the call to a friend of mine who is employed in management for the particulars.
    You, my friend are well qualified to compete! You could sign up and stay with us for the duration. Naturally, staying with me that long would most likely lead to permanent insanity!
    Styxx

  3. #3

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Karl, competitors come from all over the world for the opportunity and it does result in national recognition. I believe the auditions are closed and I am not sure how the run the competition. Thanks for reminding me I shall make the call to a friend of mine who is employed in management for the particulars.
    You, my friend are well qualified to compete! You could sign up and stay with us for the duration. Naturally, staying with me that long would most likely lead to permanent insanity!
    I'm a little old to compete, but thought it might just be fun to get up there and see what's going on. Don't think I can do it though. Just too much on the plate that week. But see, It's not so bad their, unless it's January. Also thought others might like to know. This is a major competition, and these things can sometimes be kind of fun to watch.

    Karl

  4. #4
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Let me know if this link woiks.

    http://www.bpo.org/events.aspx?iid=50
    Styxx

  5. #5

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Yep, it works. I think it's kind of amazing how JoAnne, can play her lute and conduct at the same time. It just shows to go you that it's the rehearsal that counts.

    Karl

  6. #6
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    I'm a little old to compete, but thought it might just be fun to get up there and see what's going on. Don't think I can do it though. Just too much on the plate that week. But see, It's not so bad their, unless it's January.

    Karl
    Oh come on Karl this is a GUITAR competition NOT a PERCUSSIOIST competition. This is a one out of none opportunity that without JoAnn Falletta and WNED public broadcast station would most likely never have materialized. As a matter of fact, it has only been possible under her influence. I don't recall anything like this remotely in the past. The only opportunity that still stands strong here in Beeffalo is poverty as a musician unless you teach or work. Anyway, its a real sore subject with me as you probably surmised.
    Be what it may, there are tickets available and I am going to inquire. Take my mom and wife to dinner and to one of the competition concerts. Besides, I'm overdue on hearing the BPO. Still one of the finer and lesser-known orchestras in the world!
    Styxx

  7. #7
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    March 2006 Schedule of Performances

    March - 2006
    April - 2006
    May - 2006
    June - 2006
    July - 2006
    August - 2006
    September - 2006
    October - 2006
    November - 2006
    December - 2006
    January - 2007
    February - 2007
    Performance Venue Name Date & Time
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Wednesday, 3/15/06
    10:15AM EST
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Wednesday, 3/15/06
    12:15PM EST
    Symphony 102 Kleinhans Music Hall - Mary Seaton Room Wednesday, 3/15/06
    7:00PM EST
    Rossini, Rachmaninof& Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/18/06
    8:00PM EST
    Rossini, Rachmaninoff & Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/18/06
    8:00PM EST Call
    Rossini, Rachmaninof& Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Sunday, 3/19/06
    2:30PM EST
    Rossini, Rachmaninoff & Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Sunday, 3/19/06
    2:30PM EST Call
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Friday, 3/24/06
    10:15AM EST On Sale on 03/24/06
    12:00AM EST
    Music of Led Zepplein Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/25/06
    8:00PM EST
    Music of Led Zeppelin Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/25/06
    8:00PM EST Call
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Tuesday, 3/28/06
    10:15AM EST On Sale on 03/28/06
    12:00AM EST
    Side by Side Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Tuesday, 3/28/06
    7:30PM EST Call
    Symphony 102 Kleinhans Music Hall - Mary Seaton Room Wednesday, 3/29/06
    7:00PM EST Call
    Marvin Movie Night Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Friday, 3/31/06
    8:00PM EST
    Styxx

  8. #8
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Styxx

  9. #9

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    March 2006 Schedule of Performances

    March - 2006
    April - 2006
    May - 2006
    June - 2006
    July - 2006
    August - 2006
    September - 2006
    October - 2006
    November - 2006
    December - 2006
    January - 2007
    February - 2007
    Performance Venue Name Date & Time
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Wednesday, 3/15/06
    10:15AM EST
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Wednesday, 3/15/06
    12:15PM EST
    Symphony 102 Kleinhans Music Hall - Mary Seaton Room Wednesday, 3/15/06
    7:00PM EST
    Rossini, Rachmaninof& Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/18/06
    8:00PM EST
    Rossini, Rachmaninoff & Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/18/06
    8:00PM EST Call
    Rossini, Rachmaninof& Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Sunday, 3/19/06
    2:30PM EST
    Rossini, Rachmaninoff & Respighi Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Sunday, 3/19/06
    2:30PM EST Call
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Friday, 3/24/06
    10:15AM EST On Sale on 03/24/06
    12:00AM EST
    Music of Led Zepplein Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/25/06
    8:00PM EST
    Music of Led Zeppelin Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Saturday, 3/25/06
    8:00PM EST Call
    Mozart and His World Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Tuesday, 3/28/06
    10:15AM EST On Sale on 03/28/06
    12:00AM EST
    Side by Side Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Tuesday, 3/28/06
    7:30PM EST Call
    Symphony 102 Kleinhans Music Hall - Mary Seaton Room Wednesday, 3/29/06
    7:00PM EST Call
    Marvin Movie Night Kleinhans Music Hall - Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Friday, 3/31/06
    8:00PM EST
    Well, seems to me that any place that has Mozart and Led Zeppelin in the same week can't be all that bad. Well, actually, it was pretty bad when I went through there 25 years ago. So maybe I'll take that back.

    Karl

  10. #10

    Re: Hey Styxx! So Maybe Beefolo Isn't quite so bad after all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I like how at the beginning they have to tell you that Buffalo, New York is in the U.S.A.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •