• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee J-Slap and Fingered

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee J-Slap and Fingered

Hello,
    Is anyone using Scarbee J-Slap and Fingered with Kontakt 2? I heard that there is an issue with the keyswitching that causes it to go mute.
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Re: Scarbee J-Slap and Fingered

I'd love to know whether the programming for K2 is significantly better than that in GS3- All things being equal I like using GS3 MUCH better but if the K2 plays better I'll get it. (I really want this bass lib!!)

Post Re: Scarbee J-Slap and Fingered

Fred,
    I've been using K2 for a few months now and have come to really like it. The first few weeks were a bear though. After a re-install and update things are much better. The JS&F lib. sounds great but don't want to deal with another balky program. If there is a bug fix,I'm in.
    Also how is it that I joined before you but you are a senior member?

All the best.
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Quote Originally Posted by MotuHari
    Also how is it that I joined before you but you are a senior member?

All the best.
    I'm pretty sure that's based entirely on post count- you need to get your average up over once every 2 months
    I like K2 fine but I have it running on a machine that isn't nearly as efficient as GS3, and it has to live with all the VST's that are running. So for that reason anything I can do well on GS3 I try and do. But, I have heard that the jazz lib is better implemented in K2.

There's a K2 update for JS-n-F on the Scarbee site (you have to be a registered user to download it). I've not tried it out yet, but will in the next week or so.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    There's a K2 update for JS-n-F on the Scarbee site (you have to be a registered user to download it). I've not tried it out yet, but will in the next week or so.
    Cool- please report when you do!

J S&F library works for me in Halion 3.2 and Kontakt 1.5 but I have the mute thing happening with K2. This problem persisted for me after installing the fix so I haven't persevered with K2 and that library - I just use the others.

Scarbee says in the forum that his demos work perfectly with the fix but I still got the mute problem playing from the keyboard. I think this is basically a Native Instruments bug - they broke it and they should fix it.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Fred: I don't know about functionality in Kontakt beyond what exists in Giga. Unless he re-mapped the library completely, there wouldn't be a lot he could do all that differently.

The library is really good.

For what it's worth (and to give the thread some closure), I booted up Scarbee JSF in K2 last night for the first time, wired it up to GR2 and... no muting.

Keyswitch fix works great.

I don't mean to sound patronizing MMcD, but the K2 fix installs a "Kontakt2" folder with the modified instruments in it... make sure you load those and not the original Kontakt instruments.

If you're doing that, and still get the mute problem... then I have no effin' clue.

To the original poster: buy this lib. It is excellent, and for most the K2 fix is working perfectly.

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdini
    For what it's worth (and to give the thread some closure), I booted up Scarbee JSF in K2 last night for the first time, wired it up to GR2 and... no muting.

Keyswitch fix works great.

I don't mean to sound patronizing MMcD, but the K2 fix installs a "Kontakt2" folder with the modified instruments in it... make sure you load those and not the original Kontakt instruments.

If you're doing that, and still get the mute problem... then I have no effin' clue.
    OK - went to the Scarbee site and downloaded two update files dated 17/3/06.
    File 1: jsf_update_2_0.zip 17/03/2006 6.39 MB

This file is 6.548 MB and expands to give two folders (Halion and Kontakt). The Kontakt files, despite the fact that they are still on the site today are the broken ones.

At the bottom of this long page - scroll past all the midi files for download you will find -

File 2: jsf_kontakt_2_version.zip 17/03/2006 2.621 KB

Despite the fact that this is labelled as being 2.6 kB in size on the Scarbee update page (see above) it downloads to 2.622 MB and it contains the Key switching fix updates.

The files in the second set do indeed work without the mute bug. I have no idea why Thomas still has the broken ones up for download on his page or why the site gives such a recent date (17/03/06) for an archive with broken files in it.

Anyway - problem solved for me and the Library is good to go on Kontakt 2.

Go Back to forum