• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to assign a Sample Start Offset easily??

Share/Bookmark

How to assign a Sample Start Offset easily??

Is there a way to assign a sample offset easily to (say) an entire group without having to do it in each sample or layer

Thanks,

T

Re: How to assign a Sample Start Offset easily??

I can find only two ways. One is to assign any modulation source to "sample offset" and then use the rescaling to set a constant response (draw a horizontal line with the right mouse button pressed) corresponding to the offset you want. I don't really know how to translate that to an integer sample offset, so it may or may not be practical for your purposes. The other way is to use a script equipped with an array that maps groups to start offsets. The script could then detect what groups are being active and make sure the right start offsets are used. Let me know if you want any help with writing one.

Nils

Thanks Nils,

And thanks for the offer!!!

Actually, I'm looking for a static offset.... so I can stay in DFD mode(Ram efficiency is key). I was thinking about cloning a group and just assigning the whole group (say) a 22000 sample offset (.5 seconds) to be used in conjunction with a legato script so that when a legato note is played, then the script triggers the sample offset group... getting rid of that slow attack that so many samples have.

Just a thought.

I will be delving into it more in the next weeks but I was just wondering is there was a simple Global way of doing it for a group.

Cheers,

T

Quote Originally Posted by Thonex
    Actually, I'm looking for a static offset.... so I can stay in DFD mode[...]
    I will be delving into it more in the next weeks but I was just wondering is there was a simple Global way of doing it for a group.
    I see. Unfortunately both my suggestions were based on using Sampler mode, and I can't seem to find any other solution. To me it seems like there is no solution in DFD mode, but for your sake I really hope someone else on this forum will prove me wrong there. It's too bad that Kontakt doesn't expose its internal XML file format. If it did it would be easy to do all kinds of batch transformations of instruments, like setting the start offset of all zones in a group. Anyway, good luck!

Nils

THanks Nils,

I'll let you know if I find a painless solution.

T

Go Back to forum