• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another piece selected by ERM for recording

Share/Bookmark

Another piece selected by ERM for recording

About this time last year, Andy Brick and I had pieces selected for Vol. 8 of ERMMedia "Masterworks of the New Era"

That CD is due to release ANY DAY now. (I'm going nuts waiting for it!) I subsequently made available on this forum, my GPO rendering of the piece Nightwinds..

Now ERMMedia is doing a CD called "Holidays of the New Era" and my piece for Orchestra and SATB choir, Sing Noel was selected for inclusion on that volume.

For those interested, I've posted the GPO/Finale mp3 over on the Listening Room section

Again, a HUGE thanks to Gary Garritan for making a product available to the working musician that can help his/her music go! Your hard work and dedication is making the hard work and dedication of many, many musician pay off!

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO

Re: Another piece selected by ERM for recording

Ron,

I remember last summer you wrote that Nightwinds was to be recorded by the Kiev Philharmonic. And now it's almost released. How can we order it?

Congratulations on having another work selected!

It's fantastic that your work is being recognized in such a well-known production.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Re: Another piece selected by ERM for recording

Well, I was about to post a similar note, but since Ron started this thread, I'll just borrow his.

My piece, "The Angel's Song" in a version for women's chorus and orchestra, has also been selected to be on the Holidays of the New Era CD.

Ron, I'm looking forward to hearing "Nightwinds" when its released. Your GPO version really sells the piece well, and I hope the CD release is soon!

I think I'm going to send in "The Starry Messenger" when their next call for scores is announced. Wish me luck!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Smile Re: Another piece selected by ERM for recording

Hey Ern and Dan

My piece was recorded by the Kiev Philharmonic in October, and I was told it would be released "around the first of the year." Now ERM says "around April/May." They say it's because they want to give the previous releases more airplay time. --- Hope they give ours extended airplay time!
    I was recorded in the first weekend of September. I went to the recording session! It was very cool to be in Kiev, altho there was a record heat wave in Europe at the time!

Same story here about airplay. I do, however, have the cover art for the CD....a step forward!! I have had excellent relations/experiences with ERM and have no reason to doubt them or their story.

My piece, "The Angel's Song" in a version for women's chorus and orchestra, has also been selected to be on the Holidays of the New Era CD.
    CONGRATS Dan! Thanks again for the kind words for Nightwinds. I've really enjoyed the pieces you have posted as well. As I said, being at the recording session was way cool. Good thing I went, because Finale dropped an accidental in three places in parts. Had I not been there, there would have been 3 wrong notes! Yikes! Plus, working with Robert and the orchestra was great fun.

BTW, I'm on Vol. 10 as well with my Semper Fi Fanfare for 18 brass instruments and percussion. I've gotta quit doing this.... I'm going broke! :-)

Go Back to forum