• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Why is it, garritans libraries have such a hard time with K2?

Share/Bookmark

Why is it, garritans libraries have such a hard time with K2?

I've purchased Garritans personal orchestra, and the violin sections won't work right? Why is it, Big band and jazz don't work right with Kontakt2? I've downloaded all the updates etc... I am giving up on any garritan library from here on out! JBig band and jazz was such a great production, however, it will not work correctly with K2.... I have a 3.2GHz P4 chip, with 2GIGS of RAM, 800 FSB and a radeon 9800XT... And still i get skips, and cutouts galore... Whereas, I dont get them with the libraries that came with K2..... Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for right? What i see as a great idea poorly implemented...... If youre gonna make a library native to a certain type of sampler, you need to make it work with the mother load sampler... Duh, yes i registered the prog and library... I am losing faith BIGTIME when it comes to any Garritan library... If you wanna know what my problems are, here is the synopsis of GPO, the violins stick and i have to restart K2, the Jazz and bigband, i get a clipplin from hell, even after the update.... I am not going to use 8 different programs to achieve an objective.... I will not be buying anymore garritan products from here on out! Number one, they don't work properly, number 2 they do not work correctly with K2... The library that came with Kontakt 2 I use, it is simply insane, you can't get any better than the orchestra that came with K2, the other samples i have gotten for K2 have worked flawlessly, and have been great... Why is it, Gary cannot get this transformation right? Anyways.... I wil be more carefull in what i purchase, and will make sure it works properly with K2....
    Last edited by Garritan; 03-14-2006 at 12:27 AM.

Re: Why is it, garritans libraries have such a hard time with K2?

Steehed,

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. In the past you posted very positive experiences. Please note Kontakt 2 came out after GPO and the Strad is the only library written natively for Kontakt 2. Is it just with loading the libraries into Kontakt 2? Can you be specific as to the problems so I can contact NAtive Instruments and find a solution.

Gary Garritan

First off, let me start by saying, I mean no offense... GPO with K2 has ALWAYS been a problem, but once i realized VSL suited the need, I didn't complain, because i had what i needed... But if you'd like to know, the violin sections have cause problems with K2, primarily, they looped or something to the effect that a monotone noise would not let me perform an arrangement.. Now with Jabb, i load a multi, and yes i updated, And i get a clikcing clipping noise for about 7 seconds... I cannot perform with this.. Yes, the dynamics of Jabb are awesome, no doubt, but, i have yet to have one of your full libraries work with K2 properly... There always seems to be some limitation that renders the library useless... Again Gary, your work is fantastic, i just don't hold much faith in the integration into a full version of a sampler... The end result has been, No i'm not a rookie, and yes, I know when a problem lies outside the boundries of what an end user can fix, a dead end... And i dont mean this in any negative way but, i think you should just test these libraries, and make them solely for K2 or G3 or whatever... It seems to me when you do this standalone version thing, it doesn't seem to work right, at least at some point.... Much does work right, but much doesn't... Yes, i am a bit disgruntled because i ahve talk several into purchasing these products, and i have found the same problems on their systems... So its hard for me to feel it is isolated..

Go back to the embedded players that came with the package. K2 is buggy as hell. For what it's worth I can't get SSV to save a modification to vibrato offset (either as part of the VST settings for the project, as an individual patch, or as a bank - and it was *designed* for Kontakt 2) so I think NI has some homework to catch up on - just check the NI forums and see for yourself. They were supposed to post an update to K2 after NAMM and *still* have yet to follow through.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

If i am wrong, I am wrong, but I am just trying to get down to the problem... It takes alot for me to get to this point... I will do more research, but is it gonna solve my problems? If not, what sampler do i need to approach?... What is going to solve these problems?... I am looking for the solution... Do i need to go to giga? What do i need to do to get the garritan libraries to work as intended? Gary went to NI for these releases, so i am confused as to why they don't work as intended for NI... As for the orchestral part, I am perfectly happy with VSL, but, I had big hopes for Jabb, and i am getting problems again using them with Kontakt... Alls i want is a viable solution... I don't need excuses, or rhetoric, or any of that, whats the solution????

Listen up - use the players that came embedded with the libraries. For SSV the adjustment is a bit of an irritation (if you use a non-standard vibrato offset) but it's workable as long as you remember to update the settings when you reload SSV.

Don't blame Gary because NI dropped the ball (you have to be a registered user and be logged into the site for the referenced link to work - you *are* a registered NI user, aren't you?). His stuff works with the players they were built for - use that until NI gets their act together.

Gary asked you to give him specific information - don't just ignore him and flame on.

"Gary asked you to give him specific information - don't just ignore him and flame on."

I wasn't just flaming on!!! I thought i made it clear what was happening with the two versions! The " VIOLIN SECTIONS IN GPO, RING UNTIL YOUR FRAKIN EARS DROP OFF"! THE MULTI SECTIONS IN JABB CLIP AND BREAK UP! Did i not say that previously????? Thats fine, if i have to use the native program. Actually, it isn't... I would like to interact multiple libraries without having to switch back and forth form program to program to program for the performance part of what i do! How much more specific you want me to be... You know what? I am not getting anywhere here, So i'll do what most customers do, and just not return the business!

That's what I thought...

I'm sure if you contact Garritan phone support that they'll help you discover and solve your problem.

Otherwise you can wait for the K2 update just like the rest of us.

Thats what you thought? Who the fack are you?..LoL Gary, does this man work for you? Does he speak your mind? I'm just curious, because if thats how Garritan as a whole deals with its customers, then i believe our conversation is over..... I guess maybe Garritan libraries should go with a company that actually supports him next time... But I wont be there.... I get this kind of treatment after shelling out that much dough, I am gone... Good riddance!

Dude - I don't work for anyone here. I'm just trying to straighten you out on the facts so's you don't embarrass yourself. Oops, too late...

Go Back to forum