• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar and importing MIDI

Share/Bookmark

Sonar and importing MIDI

I was wondering. I was importing a midi, and there was supposed to be MIDI timecode with it. I checked all the tempo markings, and they didn't exist. The projects default with 100 BPM. When I import midi as a new project, the tempos don't go with it. Is the midi file bad, or is it a setting I'm missing? All the other controller data seemed to import fine. (Pitch and Mod Wheel). The MIDI was exported from Digital Performer 4.6 then sent to me.

This is Sonar 5. Thanks.

Jared

Re: Sonar and importing MIDI

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Hudson
    I was wondering. I was importing a midi, and there was supposed to be MIDI timecode with it. I checked all the tempo markings, and they didn't exist. The projects default with 100 BPM. When I import midi as a new project, the tempos don't go with it. Is the midi file bad, or is it a setting I'm missing? All the other controller data seemed to import fine. (Pitch and Mod Wheel). The MIDI was exported from Digital Performer 4.6 then sent to me.

This is Sonar 5. Thanks.

Jared
    Hi Jared,

Try opening the midi file instead of importing (File - Open). This should get all the data into Sonar.

Best of luck,

Mark

Thanks. I feel so stupid right now. I knew it would be something insanely obvious.

What's so obvious about it? Even old Cubasis VST 4 can import the timecode. It would actually be nice if Cakewalk would leave it up to the user to decide, whether to include the timecode or not.

Go Back to forum