• Register
  • Help

Topic: Im sure nobody noticed but.. (OT)

Share/Bookmark

Im sure nobody noticed but.. (OT)

Im sure nobody noticed Ive been away for a little while. Besides being very busy, I took a business trip followed by a little ski trip. I spent a week at a conference in Stephs neck of the woods (I was in Denver) before heading into the mountains for some skiing.

It was a warm week and a half (it reached the upper 70s in Denver) and I was able to do spring skiing (in the photo below I am in my cross country cloths, not my downhill stuff).

I dont think Ive posted any pictures of myself on this forum, so here is a picture from the top of Tucker Mountain at Copper Mountain resort.

Yes, I look a little windblown I was hiking in ski boots carrying skis at 12,000 feet. And why all of this exertion? Besides the views, for this

That is Tucker Mountain. It looks a little steeper from the top with skis strapped on than from across the valley, but even from here it looks a little different from skiing in NH.

Anyway, unfortunately I didnt have much time for music in the last few weeks. Ive been slowly working my way back into it, practicing a little and doing some improve on the piano, but I feel like Im weeks behind. Oh well, it was worth it.

It's nice to be back. And now to get seriously back to work.
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: Im sure nobody noticed but.. (OT)

It's great to have you back! It's also great to know that you had a fun (and SAFE) trip out to "my neck of the woods".

Trent,

Glad to have you back. Spring skiing seems like a good diversion and looks like you had a good time. Now that you're rested we are all looking forward to some more of your music.

Thanks for the ski report and welcome back!

Gary Garritan
    Last edited by Garritan; 03-13-2006 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks. Hopefully Ill have something new to post soon.

Actually Steph, I wasnt just in your neck of the woods on a continent wide scale but even drove through Morrison. We took the scenic route back through the mountains with intentions of stopping at Red Rocks to have a look around. Unfortunately we came through pretty late and decided to continue on through.
    Trent P. McDonald

Trent, Aren't the skies supposed to be on your feet? Yeah, I know ... anyway, nice to see you back and in one piece! Do any yodeling up in them thar mountains?
    Styxx

Ah ha! a fellow skier. Welcome back!!!

My boss came and stole me away form work today for some skiing up at Lake Tahoe. All I had were my skinny-cross-country-telemark-high-breds in the truck . I took two runs down the "Deep powder intermediates" and relegated my self to going back down to the lodge and renting a snow board. Ben ten years since I boarded but with todays boards, my old board I learned on in 91' was vintage 1986, I was able to shred the powder like it was only yesterday.

What a great boss I have.
    ( and great co-workers to cover my "behind" whilst I was gone.)

Glad you had a great ski trip. Now all you need to do is move where they have real mountains all over the place that you can ski daily...
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Itd be nice to be able to skip out of a day of work to ski at Lake Tahoe. Ive never been there but from the pictures Ive seen its a beautiful region.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum